Thursday, September 29, 2011

Still In Bed Listening To The Rain

 it's not that early, I realise, as I glance over at the clock. I'm usually up around 9am, it's a good time to start the day. It's not 9 am yet, I'm so comfortable. I'm still in bed, I haven't got up yet, I'm still wrapped in my doona, listening to the rain. It helps make sense of the world, it makes the day better, that gentle calm before the day begins. Stretch. Yawn.

Oh, I've got so lazy, I can't ever see myself working again. Can you retire halfway through your life? That's what I've been telling everyone, when they ask, that I have retired. I'm so sick of the, "Have you got a job yet?" question. It shuts them up, if only momentarily. Someone replied to me, "But you must have twenty years of work to go?"

I wanted to go up the Westgate and jump, at that thought.


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

The westgate is very well protected nowadays. You'll just have to stay in bed instead.

FletcherBeaver said...

Okay... I can do that.