Friday, December 23, 2011

More Xmas Shopping

I was up at 10am.
I headed to the city around midday, cursing that I didn’t buy the presents yesterday. I looked and decided what I should buy people, but I didn’t buy any of them. Why? Why, I was thinking today and not yesterday, is still a mystery. Still, it would have been too easy, too organised.

I went to Melbourne Central, to see if I could have another go at buying Sam’s present.
They sent me back to the Bourke Street Mall
Then I went back to Melbourne Central… In the busy hallways of Melbourne Central Xmas shopping, I felt like I was watching a plague of locusts devouring the earth.

Shane called while I was there to say the eagle had landed. It's always someone he knows for meth, who gets the best, who only deals to a very restricted clientele.

Shane's pepper grinder was the hardest to find. I searched all the shops and then I searched again. Homeware shops in the city are very scarce on the ground, shall we say.
I met Sam at the corner of Victoria Street and Gisborne Street, he is very happy about Shane’s news.

We wrapped presents all night. Shane still laments the absence of a wrapping room. He thinks one is essential. I think he is mad.
David came over with his presents. He demanded to watch both dvds that he was given for xmas. I bought him handsanitizer.
Shane went out for a drink late. He is still desperately looking for a boyfriend.

No comments: