Sunday, December 18, 2011

Too Hot To Sleep

We lay in bed this morning dosing from 8am to 10am. I love that. We chat with sleepy eyes. We can here the day progressing outside through the open balcony doors.

We had breakfast. I made coffee and muesli. We sat at the lounge room table on our laptops, me reading the online news and Sam reading his IT update nerd news.

Shane came downstairs, still looking quite out of it from last night. He moaned and smoked a cigarette and drank some tea and then headed back to bed.


We headed into the city for Sam to buy his special deal offer of a $500 gift voucher which gives the purchaser $550 to spend. Sam needs to buy work clothes, namely shoes, and he also buys his, as he calls them, beauty products from Myer. The idea is to use the gift voucher in the Boxing Days sales. So, I guess, I know what I am going to be doing on Boxing Day.

We ate Japanese in QV.


Jill came over in the late afternoon with lasagne and the new blue ant hands free phone kit she had bought for her new car, which she has been unable to get working. She wanted Sam to make it work for her.

Now, Jill has plenty of money and she was offered a hands-free kit fitted to her new car for $600, but she baulked at the cost and bought this aftermarket one, which was now giving her trouble. I’m not convinced it was a wise move.

Still, with much fiddling about, Sam got it to work.

The lasagne was lovely.


Shane made an appearance, making himself some food, claiming he’d woken up hungry. He thought that was a good sign. Our lasagne was cooking in the oven, at this stage, but he’d made himself food before I thought to offer him some. I felt kind of mean afterwards, as there was enough for him, but it was just one of those things, and not done deliberately, so I shouldn’t have worried. I felt a bit weird when I dished ours out not so long after with him sitting there. Still, he didn’t comment, so I’m guessing he didn’t care. (Maybe?)

Shane cooks me dinner often enough for me not to want to exclude him, or for him to feel excluded. But, I didn’t know when he was going to get up and we were still trying to get the hands free thingy working when he came down and made himself some food. 

We all sat and chatted for the rest of the night, liberally lubricated with cups of tea, naturally.


Sam packages up the rest of the lasagne for lunch tomorrow. Lovely. 

It is one of the great benefits, I have only just come to realise – okay, call me slow – to cooking at home, is the leftovers for the following days meals. Much cheaper than buying delivery food all the time. Having said that, I am cooking more and more for myself, now a days, and I am having food delivered less and less.

It is hot in bed and I have trouble sleeping, which I hate as it happens so rarely. The balcony doors are open and eventually a cool breeze begins to blow over me and over a now snoring Sam.


No comments: