Monday, July 09, 2012

Day Off. I Stayed in Bed

I woke at 8.45, then at 10.15, and then at 11.40. My Monday off. You gotta luv Monday’s off. I could lie in as long as I wanted, funny how I never seem to when I can. Although, I guess 11.40 is pretty good going.


I wanted to watch Cazwell’s “Ice Cream Truck” as soon as I woke up. I’m not really sure why? I guess it is catchy. It’s a sexy film clip. I kept thinking about it, it got me out of bed by 11am to grab my laptop.


I started reading ninemsn. What was happening in the world? Ernest Borgnine died aged 95. Tom Cruise, allegedly, used to parade around in a g-string when he was young and before he was famous. Do you think he’d have a hairy arse? He loved to stare at his muscles and talk about when he was going to be famous, apparently.

I loved Ernest Borgnine. I hate Tom Cruise.


I watched “Remembering Matthew Bremer”, a Corbin Fisher model who just died at 22. I didn’t know who he was, but he sure was handsome. And his story seemed sad, really sad. A drug overdose. A boy who had it all. The dedication footage used for the Youtube tribute was from a movie called “Howl”, staring James Franco.


A day off, what to do? I have tomorrow off too, so I could just waste today.

I should be ringing that other employment agent who wanted me to do some contract work for her. I should be? She rang me at the beginning of July. I wonder how long I have to respond?

I should go and help Jill today. She’s got more she wants organised. You know, don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today. Sigh. But, you know, I’m not working until Wednesday, I can go help her tomorrow and really, I’d rather just watch James Franco movies today.


So I headed to the dvd shop and got dvd’s. Eight for $10, don’t you hate having to chose 8, I know I do. Aren’t we weird, we want good deals, but we hate it if it is too much work. Human nature, it’s weird.

When I got back, Jack called and gave me a job for tomorrow. Oh, oops, I’ll have to go help Jill on Thursday.


Then I decided, after I had eaten my muesli and drank my coffee, that I really wished I’d bought the caramel popcorn, so it was back down the street to the dvd shop. Except, halfway there, I decided that I should go to the supermarket instead. So, there it is visit number 01 to Woolies. Is there a day that I don't go to the fucken supermarket? I decided to do a price comparison between the supermarket and the dvd shop. Don't they say the supermarket is always cheaper? And the supermarket won, so there you go. Lolly gobble bliss bombs. Yum! Do you think they would be fresher at the supermarket than the dvd shop? Quite possibly I don't have enough to do?


I watched Howl. Then Milk. And A Separate Peace.

James Franco is just so gorgeously handsome. He’s just lovely. I hope he’s gay, apparently he is not.

Oh for those days of A Separate Peace. Those school days. It reminded me of Alex and me. It reminded me of Alex and me when I sat next to him and studied the book in school.

I was Gene. Alex was Finny.

And Alex died like Finny. Not as young as Finny, of course, but he still died young. The good and the beautiful die young?


I stayed in bed all day.

No comments: