Friday, July 27, 2012

Nut Therapy

I woke up at 10.45. Lovely. I thought to myself, Oh fuck it, I’m might just stay in bed today. But, my bladder was telling me that wasn’t going to be the case and a delivery truck’s reversing alarm was sounding out in the street just in case I had any thoughts about fighting the piss.

There was that employment agent who I should go and call. Yes, be sensible, it is a day for that.

10.50? How many hours sleep was that?

I pull my fingers out.

I don’t know what I want to do? Jill thinks I should go on antidepressants, she reckons if I did I’d be able to make a decision.

Second hand… six and three quarter hours sleep?

A pill and the rest of my life would just fall in to place. That’s what the pharmaceutical companies want you to believe, now isn’t it?

Do I need to sleep on it?

Missy was sitting on the staircase heading up to the third floor, staring down at me. “Meow.” It was as if she was saying, “good morning”, but really I know she was saying, “About time, I’m exhausted. I was beginning to think you’d never open the door.”

She sashayed into the bedroom once I have returned from the toilet saying, “Pat me, pat me’ pat me.” Before she gets into bed.

It is raining and wet and overcast, time to pop the central heating on and light a fire.

I wonder if my rent will be sitting on the bench waiting for me? It wasn’t.

I made coffee and chopped kindling in the rain. Everything in the garden dripped.

The firewood seemed to be fire retardant this morning, I don’t know why, but it was being particularly annoying. Why should it be any different to anything else in the world? I squatted down and watched it for the longest time. I’m sure I have the genes of a pyromaniac in me, as gazing at fire some how soothes me.



Good morning
Well done!  Have some more time off, did you have a look on Seek to see if you could see it advertised.
I had yesterday off, I can't seem to shake this cold and cough. It's driving me mad, but at least I can take days off here... it's great!!
Beck


I went and got a smoked salmon roll and a muffin from the bakery for lunch. Fuck I love smoked salmon, I could live on it. Today it cost 50c more than it did yesterday, inexplicably. The chick behind the counter couldn’t explain it either.

I must go out and do my tattsLotto… it is the only way left.

Anthony called to say he had a tooth problem and that he wanted to complain.

“Get to the dentist,” I told him.

“It hurt a year ago…”

“And you didn’t go to the dentist then?”

“Well, no, I ate some nuts and half of it fell off and the pain went away.”

“Half of your tooth fell off and you still didn’t go to the dentist?”

“Well no.” Laugh.

“I see.”

“I’m thinking I’m just going to get some more nuts.”

“Get to the dentist.”

“But I have to go to the outer eastern something or other clinic and they’ll take my tooth out.”

“Well, you see, you have to give up smoking.”

“What? That’s outrageous.”

“I had to give up before I lost my teeth, Adrianna was told she would loose all of her teeth and Mark has lost all of his teeth.”

“Oh that is just out of the question, I’m going for the nut treatment.

“Get yourself to the dentist, or the pain will get so bad at 2am that you’ll be putting a knife in your neck, or catching a taxi to the dental hospital where a foreign doctor with out a work permit much less a degree will take it out forcefully without anaesthetic.”

“But I have a bag of cashews ready to go.”

“Call the outer eastern whatsit as soon as you hang up from me and make an appointment.”

“But it is the weekend and they won’t be there.”

“It’s Friday.”

“Is it?”

“Friday lunch time.”


Shane arrived home with the rent. He reiterated about the two new episodes of True Blood and then he was gone. Really? Lovely.

The phone rang almost immediately. I hate it when the phone rings, it is never good news. Always someone wanting me to work, just lately.

“Hello.” It was Anthony.

“How did you go?”

I made a ham and cheese roll

“I meant with the dentist?”

“I made a roll and a huge piece of my tooth fell off and the pain has stopped.”

“Really?”

“Yes.” Laugh. “I just thought I’d call and tell you.”

“Self treatment, you should have been a dentist.”

“Oh, I wanted to be in my youth.”

“Go before the pain comes back… and it will.”

“That was the problem, and now it is solved.

“I strongly suggest you go to the dentist.”

“Oh no, everything is now fine.”


Sam and I went to the supermarket in the rain. It was falling heavily from the sky when we came out, so we walked from the back exit to the front exit and walked along Smith Street under the shop awnings. I love it when the water drips from the verandas in big droplets and the world shines and everything goes swoosh!

We hired dvd’s. It was that kind of night.

We made cream pasta, chicken and mushroom. Yum, yum. I must be due to have my cholesterol checked?

We watched John Carter, I couldn’t follow it at all. Not at all. Sam thought I was stupid. Apparently, “I’m usually good with these things.”

I found a review of John Carter… the next day.

One critic describes John Carter as "a terrible film with an incomprehensible story, ludicrous, mutton-headed characters and unspeakable dialogue". Other critics said it was actually worse.

No comments: