Friday, July 20, 2012

Princess Pandora - Queen of Denial MeMe

A bit like Panda, I'm in between contracts, I have plenty of time to write, but little to talk about. You know, the more you do the more your do and the less you do the less you do.

So here goes. Apparently, this Meme was stolen from the legendary "Sunday Stealing", king of the useless questions (whoever that is), by Panda.

1. Which TV character do you think you are most like?
Aby and Josh used to say I was just like Bernard from Black Books. Other people have agreed when it has been suggested.

2) What time do you go to bed?

Early in winter, I love my bed. 6pm some nights, some cold nights.

3) What was the last meal you made from scratch?

Sunday, Saturday, Friday, chorizo sausage pasta, risotto, chicken soup, respectively.

4) What is your favourite type of music?

R and B, soul, Rolling Stones, black chicks

5) In what position do you sleep?

On my back.

6) What is your first memory?

I’m not sure I have one. The smell of cigarettes in my dad’s car. Playing in the built-in furniture in my sister’s bedroom.

7) What is your least favourite smell?

Mould, I can’t stand it, it makes me gag and not in a good way. I have to run, escape in desperation, before I bring up my last meal, which usually balances precariously on the back of my tongue.

8) It's your round at the pub and your friends asked you to surprise them. What drink would you buy and why?

I’m crap at that. What they asked for, or at least, what I reckon they’d ask for.

9) What was the last thing you read/watched that made you cry?

OMG! Just the other night, now what was it? Oh yes… is this embarrassing, Titanic.

10) They say that you learn something new every day. What was the last thing you have learned?

Today I learned that I shouldn’t go to the supermarket before I have eaten breakfast.
I came upon the bakery department and the pastries/donuts. On the top shelf there were fancy muffins, with things exploding out the top, chocolate things and cherries and chocolate cream and chocolate bars. I lifted one from the top shelf and it was heavy and some what top heavy and it over balanced in my grip and it fell down my arm and top first on to the floor. Splat!
I took it as a sign and picked it up and put it back on the shelf. They were kind of messy, fabulous creations and it looked okay sitting back there on the shelf. A sign that I shouldn’t have it. I knew I shouldn’t have it and I walked away.
It wasn’t until I was walking up Smith Street that I realised I had put it back on the shelf and that someone would buy it and eat it completely unaware that it had been on the floor.
I thought, I shouldn’t go to the supermarket before I had eaten as I just don’t think straight.

And that Paul Schafer from Dave Letterman’s show wrote It’s Raining Men

11) Which Literary love interests would you snog, marry and avoid?

Snog: Harry Potter, in his graduating year, you understand

Marry: Tom Ripley, a man of class and excitement

Avoid: Fagan

12) Paperback, Hardback or Kindle? Which of these is your favourite reading format and why?

Paperback – mainly because they just seem the easiest. Lightest, most bendy, best to drop, can just toss them onto the back seat of the car, literally.

14) If you could bring back any cancelled TV series for another run what would you pick and why?

Anyone of the 80’s soaps where you got to see the sexy boy’s in their underwear. There is nothing like a nice sausage wrapped in soft cotton.

15. Are you in a job that you truly enjoy?

No… oh, yes. I’m only working a few days per week, so yes, I love it.

Is it sustainable? No.

16. If you could do any job in the world what would it be?

I’d like to be a billionaire.

17. If you could be a character in a novel who would you be?

Tom Ripley, he smart, he’s classy, he’s exciting. Okay, the killing wouldn't be so great, but as he always said, he detested murder, unless of course, it was absolutely necessary.

18. When it comes to spending time with those you love, do you think it should be about quality or quantity?

As long as you spend time with them, get a tick in the box, who cares.

19. Is there a job/career you wanted but realised you couldn’t possibly do for one reason or another?

I’d love to have been an Architect, but my careers teacher, at my elite private school, told me I couldn’t because I was a business student. Hands in the air.

Pys Ed teacher in a boy’s school…

20. If you could live anywhere in the world or out of this world where would you live?

Right where I already live

21. Where would you most like to visit and with whom?

Spain/Portugal/Prague. Lots of Asian countries. With my lovely boyfriend.

22. Which skill would you like to learn?

Yeah, ride a motorbike with Panda. A couple of Triumphs,  reckon… across Asian. Lovely.

23. What made you laugh today?

David Letterman talking about North Korean, saying, “Kim Jong Ill’s son Kim Jong W. Ill…”

24. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?

My boyfriend’s birthday, and I am going to cook a quiche and a cake for him.

25. What is your sign and do you believe in horoscopes etc?

A Virgo. I can usually pick a Virgo. Do I believe in it? Um? I think it is interesting like a good story.

26. If you could change one thing about your life thus far, what would it be?

I’d change nearly everything professionally, work wise.

27. If there was one charity you could give a huge contribution to, which charity would it be and why?

Any charity that helps the poor.

28. Should smoking be legal?

I think marijuana should be legalised, so I cannot imagine what nonsense you are talking about with tobacco.
Sure it should be legal. What kind of question is that? They say you can smoke until 30 years old without any health problems, generally. And if you smoke passed 30 years of age, well, we’re not short of human beings, let's face it.

29. What are your views on the smoking ban in public places?

Stupid. I’m assuming you mean open, outside places. There is little evidence for passive smoking, especially out in open spaces, so it is no longer a health problem and is really just a wowser, dickhead problem.

30. Why do you blog?

I’ve always had a need to write, every since I was young. First I wrote poetry and then I wrote a journal. I’d probably be much better off if I didn’t write a blog, it is a distraction from real writing.

31. Do you have a favourite author?

I have a few. Christos Tsiolkas. Sam Sheppard. Raymond Chandler. Patricia Highsmith Tim Winton

32. Can you play any musical instruments?

I used to play the viola.

33. What would your ideal car be?

Porsche 911.

34. Describe yourself in one short sentence.

Cynical, lazy, smart, funny, rubbish.

35. Worst meal you’ve had?

I can normally eat anything. I’m not too fussy when it comes to food. I like cheap food and fine food.
Once a friend made me a Carbonara pasta sauce that he put a bag of onions into it, which was seriously inedible.

No comments: