Friday, July 06, 2012

Sleep and Noodles

Christian Fletcher 9:18 AM (to Mark) Oh, I fell asleep with my computer on my bed. Lovely it is too, although I am disappointed not to have got to talk to you.

It makes me sad that Mark my best friend doesn’t think I want to talk to him.

I stayed in bed all night, I didn’t call anyone. Warm in my bed, me and the cat, wrapped in my doona, the two of us. The lights turned off, just the flicker of the blue light from the TV screen, the glow from my laptop, the world and the winter cold effectively locked out. I am good on my own, perhaps a little too good. I’m sure it is not such a bad thing. I guess those who don’t like their own company would probably disagree.


I can listen to Randy Crawford and Friends indefinitely, I never get sick of either. Are they then the two greatest forms of entertainment? I fell asleep last night watching Friends.

Randy Crawford has been silent for a while. I haven’t had music in my life much lately. I’ve preferred silence just lately. Inside my head is noisy enough.

I was awake at 9am, just as Shane left the house. Crash goes the front door. He was pulling a suitcase behind him and I gave out a small cheer involuntarily when I saw it. Bad Christian! Oh yeah! He’s going to Sydney, clearly for the weekend to see his… oh, whatever he is called… Yay! Yay, for me.

I was so excited I got straight out of bed and brewed coffee and made a fire, there and then in the morning. The first fire all week, I gave a wicked laugh. Sam would be over tonight, after all. I wouldn’t be heading to bed to hide away in the evening… take to my bed, wrap myself in my doona.

I can hear him now, The house is cold, you are avoiding me and not lighting the fire so it is too cold to sit in the lounge room. And you charge me a premium rent for a cold house.

Illogical, grabbing at straws. The heavy load of those who only think if themselves.

No Shane, I just charge you normal Fitzroy rent now, you had it cheap for many years. If you thought beyond yourself and instead of running that electric heater in your room and turned on the central heating, and light a fire in the lounge, you wouldn’t be cold.

That is how he’d justify his inability to light a fire. I’m sure, because when I ordered the wood, I didn’t order the bags of kindling too.

I can’t make allowances for stupidity.

I wrote my blog all morning, caught up a few days, I always seem to be “catching up a few days” now a days. I don’t know why, I have more time now than I have ever had… well, for some time, some years.

I ate bananas on toast and nutella on toast the tasted of which was washed away with cups of strong black coffee and paradox. I love these days, but if I have too many of these days will, most likely, lose everything.

I had a headache and took aspirin. I think because my open fire was smoking, or so said Sam. “Too much smoke, get some fresh air.” But what he really meant was for me to get off my fat arse and do some exercise.


I loaded the fire and watched two Cary Grant movies, His Girl Friday and Penny Arcade.

One of my favourite actors. The greatest movie star of the 20th Century. Those good looks. How handsome he was. The quintessential leading man. He was once, supposed, in love with Randolph Scott. 

I think it was a shame that he was of a time that he would never tell the truth of that love affair. Not at the end, not when he was old and it didn’t matter, not ever.

Another tragedy caused by our enemies who made our lives shameful and mean nothing. Something we still haven’t completely got over. Usually by bigoted Christians who, let’s face it, have nothing to base their bigotry on except the inconsistent myths they want to convince everyone else of being real. Sad really.


I was relaxed and nearly falling asleep, just about asleep, when Sam arrived, after work, post salt mines.


Christian Fletcher 7:10 PM, 

hello

LouLou Brown 7:11 PM, 

Hello, how are you?

Christian Fletcher 7:12 PM, 

I'm good, eating chips

LouLou Brown 7:14 PM, 

I'm waiting for roast chook, mmm, yum... followed by box of posh chocolates that were on special, very yum.

Christian Fletcher 7:15 PM, 

Yum. How are you? I'm waiting for Sam to cook noodles

LouLou Brown 7:22 PM, 

I'm good(ish), feeling more motivated to find a better job at the moment, so I am doing that (while it lasts). Am having lunch with Miss V at Mt. M Pub tmrw, it re-opened last Friday after 5-6 years, so that will be fun. Then tmrw arvo/eve i am waitressing a private function on Mt M... not so fun but good $. Then Sunday I am on the couch.

Christian Fletcher 7:36 PM, 

On the couch is lovely

LouLou Brown 7:47 PM, 

I know, it's our favourite thing to do Chriso my friend. How were your noodles?

Christian Fletcher 7:51 PM, 

he's being a non cooking little bitch, but we did eat a packet of chips

LouLou Brown 7:56 PM, 

Oh-oh, sounds like someone's in trouble??!... Meanwhile I await chook... chocs are looking good, perhaps I should move them of the coffee table until after dinner.

Christian Fletcher 8:01 PM, 

Only me, with a fat stomach, who is the one in trouble

LouLou Brown 8:16 PM, 

Oh Chriso, that's just a comfort lump, not fat and it's keeping you warm and fuzzy.

Christian Fletcher 8:16 PM, 

no, it's fat, not enough of moving my fat arse

LouLou Brown 8:19 PM, 

Well maybe you could walk to the shops and buy noodles... won't that balance things out?... Although perhaps it's a bit cool for a stroll?

Hooray, i've just been called for my dinner.

Christian Fletcher 8:36 PM, 

I've just been called for my dinner too

LouLou Brown 8:37 PM, Enjoy!


Sam cooked noodles.

David came over for a cup of tea and ate dinner. He regaled us with stories about his failing love life. He’d just been to the sauna where he said he sucked on what was on offer like an Ethiopian child.


Christian Fletcher 10:02 PM, 

I ate my dinner and then chatted to Mark on his balcony

LouLou Brown 10:06 PM, 

Bet it's warm on the balcony, how is he?... I sent him a skype message before.

Christian Fletcher 10:06 PM, 

he said it was about 36 degrees. He seems really good, really good, even. He is surrounded by cute boys so he is smiling

LouLou Brown 10:11 PM, 

Oh good... but i hope my earlier message doesn't change his bliss... Simon asked me to ask Mark if he could talk to him re sewerage at Bolago?? I was scared to ask Mark 'cos I know he doesn't want to know about it anymore... I await his reply (or not).

Christian Fletcher 10:13 PM, 

His reply, or not. I'm sure he'd be willing to write you a message, I just don't know he could be bothered with Simon directly

LouLou Brown 10:15 PM, 

Ok, thanks for that... Would you like one of my posh chocolates?

Christian Fletcher 10:18 PM, 

yes please and a cup of tea and a joint and a chat

LouLou Brown 10:21 PM, 

Oh yes please... I am thinking of coming to Melbourne in next weeks, will be in touch when I devise a plan. Have you rented my room out yet?

Christian Fletcher 10:22 PM, 

No, I haven't rented your room out. You can still come and stay whenever you like

LouLou Brown 10:22 PM, 

Excellent!!

Christian Fletcher 10:25 PM, 

You know, Simon should be able to work the septic out himself at Bolago, I would have thought, it is a fairly simple septic system

LouLou Brown 10:39 PM, 

Well yes, i will give him credit for trying.  But it is flowing down the stairs like it did at that wedding (albeit not nearly as much) and the grass area between the front steps and the vegies patch is very soggy. He will get a plumber out but he was just wanting advice from Mark on what could be going on 'cos the sewerage isn't coming out from that big cement hole in the ground at the side of the steps, more like seeping up through the ground around it, so he was wondering if there was anything he was meant to have done that he hasn't... hope that makes sense, i'm a bit tired & over it for now... it's not serious to Simon at the mo (although he is concerned) 'cos the new baby is arriving Monday and they are not up for a couple of weeks.

Christian Fletcher 10:42 PM, 

When that happened, although it would normally be coming up through the top of the pit in the garden, it meant that the pump that cleared it away had stopped working. It meant that the pump needed some attention

The pump isn't clearing the water away into the disbursement pipes that take the waste/water and distributes it out in the garden and the pit is filling up with water and over flowing

LouLou Brown 10:46 PM, 

Thank you Christian, that's a big help. I will let Simon know. xxxxxxxx

Christian Fletcher 10:47 PM, 

It isn't usually a big deal, just a bit of attention to the pump and it would be fixed

LouLou Brown 10:48 PM, 

A bit like myself really.

Christian Fletcher 10:49 PM, 

me too honey... just a little attention and I'm ready to keep gong

LouLou Brown 10:50 PM, 

We are nearly twins.

Christian Fletcher 10:50 PM  


We went to bed and watched Titanic. I have always found it so grim, an ordeal, not really entertaining at all. It wasn’t any different this time. All those dead bodies and death and sadness. The two of them being separated by him dying, it is too much. I always found it too sad.


No comments: