Friday, February 28, 2014

Apparently, I made myself unemployed

I threw a wobbly at work this week and I finished my assignment today. I kid you not. Over. Twelve weeks to indefinite reduced to one week.

What can I say? I'm not sure why? Well, I have my suspicions.

Mum had some kind of seizure on the weekend and the nursing home called saying they were very concerned about her, with the consensus being that this could quite possibly be it, that she could well die.

I guess that makes a boy a bit unsettled?


She had lapsed into unconsciousness and there was some thought that it was possible that she may not regain consciousness.

So we did the rush over thing. The nurse felt that we should. My brother flew down from Brisbane.


Mum was lying in her bed staring at the ceiling, when my sister and I got there. Her blue eyes were crystal clear. She was conscious, but not much was going on in there.

She responded to me when I asked if she was hungry, or if she was cold. She said no to both. She didn’t say anything else. I don’t really know what she was responding to, was it what I said, or was it just that I'd said something?

I didn't think I was stressed out but, apparently, I was. I threw a turn and called Jack and told him the assignment was no good and that he had to replace me.

Okay, he said.

Today was my last day.
And now I am, essentially, unemployed. Or as Sam said, on holidays again.
I haven't spoken to Jack since, I'm thinking he won't be thinking kindly about me.
Mum came out of her stupor yesterday, apparently, and is sitting up and eating again. Although, let's not kid ourselves, she isn't going to recover.
Shake of the head. OMG! What the fuck did I do? I have never done that at work before.
I hope I haven't blown it with Jack and ABC Finance? Imagine if Jack said to me, Well Christian, I can't give you any more work.
I didn't tell him about mum. Maybe, Bevan will tell him. Maybe.
Oh well.
I'm on holidays as of Monday. Lovely.
If Jack calls me Monday morning and tells me he has a new assignment for me, I'll be none too please. No, I'll be pleased. No, I wont. I'll be pleased to know he is going to give me work. I won't be pleased if he does, though.

No comments: