Sunday, February 02, 2014

Hot Sunday

I was awake at 8am, early for a Sunday, I know. Sweating. Soaking my t-shirt. Wetting the pillow. I don’t know why? I think I act as a Coolgardie Safe when I am in bed on a hot night with the fan blowing on me. Shrug. I have always been a sweater.

I washed the bulldog, before I headed off to visit my mum. I wash him and Sam dries him. Although, Sam does stand in the bathroom and direct me. There was a bunt smell when I came downstairs. Unfortunately, I left the coffee on the flame. I made coffee just before I headed to the bathroom to wash Buddy, but I didn’t extinguish the flame after I put the pot back on the stove. Oops.



(sister) Roz text, Are we still going to see mum? 

Do we have to? I responded. I wasn’t feeling it. Quickly followed by, Yes. Guilt. Do the right thing, blah, blah, blah.

Roz said later that she hesitated when I questioned it. But then I said yes and she kept moving forward. She and I visited mum. I'm not sure that mum knew who we were, she certainly didn't when we first got there. Still, she looked well. We took her out into the garden and sat her in the sun. She has always loved the heat. We chatted away, she seemed to listen. You don’t know.

I was home by midday. It was sunny and hot.

I was sent to the supermarket to get coffee. Apparently, Sam was too exhausted from cleaning to do anything. He always thinks that, of course, he does more than me. Aren’t all boyfriends the same? I objected, but that was met with a sweeping hand movement and an, “Off you go.” Hand pointing towards the door. 

I went to Sunny Bakery and got pork rolls. Three. One and a half each.

It was too hot to do anything, the afternoon was one of those drifting kind. The day was locked out, the windows covered. We watched the Great Gatsby. I liked it. Sam liked it. He thought Daisy was a bitch and that Jay was lovely and that Nick was in love with Jay. I told him that I didn’t think there was any gay love involved.

We drank tea and ate hot cross buns – fruit and chocolate.

It is hot outside. We’re sitting inside in front of the fan, all three of us eating yogurt ice creams. Sam wanted to be healthy. They don’t really taste like anything. Fucken yogurt!

No comments: