Sunday, February 09, 2014

We Dunked and Sipped

Eventually, the trees blew about wildly outside beyond the windows, the wind picking up, branches shimmying, green rustling. When we opened the back door we were wafted with a cool breeze and the day adjusted to something perfect.

I vacuumed the house, as a cool breeze blew through the rooms. Sam swept the front yard and the back yard.

Sam went to the shop and bought Scotch Finger biscuits to dunk in our tea. We sat outside in the sublime afternoon and dunked and sipped. They were chocolate covered, the chocolate holding the wet biscuit together.

I made banana cake to take to David's to watch So You Think You Can Dance. David is cooking dinner. I am taking the desert.

Then I made a second banana cake for Sam and I to eat, for breakfast with coffee, for Sam for breakfast with coffee.

The afternoon was brilliant. I should have gone for a bike ride. The day became a glorious thing.

2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

The banana cakes look amazing. And I always feel less guilty eating banana (or carrot) cakes because they are made from healthy stuff!

FletcherBeaver said...

Me too. But I am not sure that is actually true.