Sunday, February 09, 2014

It is Still Warm in Melbourne Town

It's hot. Honest, dry heat, making the world sparkle. The shadows are crisp, light and dark. The sky is blue, blue, blue. We're sitting in front of a fan enjoying the waft of cool air blowing over us. It is the good think about living in an old, double brick house, it stays quite cool, well, downstairs anyway.

It is a lazy Sunday. Sure. 

Sam, Buddy and I are sitting quietly waiting for the cool change to come. I'm not doing much, reading the online news. Blogs. Facebook.

Sam fell asleep on the couch.

Buddy lay out on the cool tiled kitchen floor cooling his tummy.

Tum di dah. Everything feels just a little sticky.

I haven't got much to say, can you tell?

I hate the summer. I hate the heat. I wouldn't mind if I had a beach in front of me, but there aren't too many of those in Fitzroy.

We need ice cream.

No comments: