Thursday, December 17, 2015

Kriss Kringle

I was up at 6am. It was one of those cool mornings threatening to be a hot day.

It is Buddy’s birthday, he is 5 years old. I left the back door open, he wandered in a couple of times. He eventually snuffled over and sat next to me.

The birds chirped outside.

It’s lovely to have a nice clean terrace to step out on to to smoke your fags.

As I walked out the front door with Sam, I thought, I should be wearing a t-shirt like him, but I was keeping my one short sleeved shirt until tomorrow when it was going to be hotter, and then I realised tomorrow is casual clothes day and I can wear a t-shirt.

“Hang on, I have to change my shirt,” I said at the front door.

Once we were out on the street, shirt changed, Sam said, “See, now I have forgotten my head phones,” so he went back inside.

So much for being quiet for the still sleeping Luke.

I got to work just after 8am. Obese Olwyn and Fat Guts Carol Brady are already in when I get in. They are always the first to arrive, the two of them and me.

It was hot walking to work and I had built up a sweat walking in the heat, so it was nice to sit in private at my desk and fan myself until the sweats go away.

Mingey Van Wort arrived next, in Jackie O sunglasses. She pretty soon started talking on the other side of the office, sounding like a retarded child, with her harsh accent.


I got all the winey people, “why did this happen, why did that happen to me? This didn’t happen. Why?”

This and that happened for these reasons, if you think something else, send me your calculations. That did happen, what is telling you that it didn’t happen?

Yes, you did get the money transferred to you.

You didn’t get money transferred to you because I have never heard of you before. Talk to HR.

Around the next one went, in huge circles, and now HR had sent it back to me to deal with for a second time. They must be spinning around circles in HR.

You want to get paid sick days for the unpaid leave you received, a month before you got retrenched, which is now a month ago. By some dodgy stat dec you have produced?

Yes, I have looked into it and you were never unpaid. Now will you shut up.

I recalculated the mistakes everybody else had made, F included. I caught up completely from yesterday, I got the inbox emails down to two emails. I left at 4.30pm.

It was hot, as I walked home. The sun burned. I walked up the shaded side on each street, feeling like a vampire when I was in the sun. Afternoon sun being what it is.

I rolled a joint when I got home. Two. Maybe another really soon.

The sun blazed outside. The fan blew inside.

I went to the supermarket to buy supplies. I slung the two green bags over my shoulders like a back pack and walked it home. The sun was just fading into a gorgeous evening.

Luke made curry. It was yum. I must learn how to cook them.

We watched English renovation shows on teev. Everything record, fast forwarding through all the ads, naturally.

Otherwise, just sitting around smoking pot. It’s Xmas.

Sam went to bed at 10.30pm, like Nan Sam does. I was falling asleep on the couch contemplating going to bed, elegantly wasted.

I was falling asleep on the couch and wanting to go to bed when I remembered my Kriss Kringle present. For work. Bugger! Bum! Shit! Oh the pain. It crossed my mind momentarily to say I had an emergency with my mother and had to rush to her side, so I couldn’t buy the present, but that seemed like saying my dog ate my homework. So, I went to the supermarket at 11 pm to get my Kriss Kringle present. I was wrapping it at midnight. It seemed like a sad little present when I was done. Then Luke said, “You’ve wrapped it upside down.”


Damn!

No comments: