Saturday, December 05, 2015

Lovely Saturday

I stopped around 9am. I came downstairs and ate muesli and drank coffee.

I sat in the lounge room buzzing, I could certainly still feel it.

Sam came downstairs not long after.

We both fell asleep on the couches and went back to bed around 10.30am.

It was hot upstairs in our room.

Sam woke me at 2pm saying he was hungry and he wanted to cook and he wanted me to come downstairs.

Sam cooked schnitzels. He fell back to sleep on the couch.

The sun shone brightly.

I felt out of it, buzzing, disjointed, calm and tired all at the same time. It was busy and quiet and fast and silent and fast and slow, all at the same time.

The music played. The day was hot. The sun shone. The day hummed. The day drifted along. It was another gorgeous day in Melbourne town.

It was a quiet, lazy day here at ChristianSamBuddy Central.

We imbibed last night, so we are taking it slow today, you know, as you do.

We seem to be now into the ghastly season of mirth, being December and all. I think once when the world was more progressive, we all used to have a healthy cynicism re Xmas, but now we are more conservative, we seem to take it more seriously, now that children and money are the new gods. I make a joke, but eventually I'll throw a peace of red tinsel over something and we'll get into the spirit.

But the sun is shining today, so what do I care. A few more weeks to the end of the year, and all the nonsense will be over, just like that, it came quick. Or, did I do lots of things, like get a new job, and it went slow? I dunno, I can't remember now.

My nieces 21st birthday, Luke's 40th birthday, at my place, what's more, Xmas with the ex-inlaw family, followed by a week at the beach with the usual suspects, after that. So much to do, so few weeks to do it in. And then it is 2016. Is this decade flying passed, or what? Is it just me? Or is it flying by?

We headed out for dinner, we went to MaMaNee. It was hot. Nobody was there when we got there, but that changed before we left. Some annoying Y gen bitch arrived and talked loudly so we could hear her across the other side of the restaurant. Sam told me I was just being whinny.

“Do you think she can here what we are saying?”

“No.”

“So why do we have to hear what she is saying.”

“Just relax.”

“If there was a knife on this table I’d go over and knife her.”

“I thought I told you to calm down.”

“I could probably do damage with this fork,” I said. I picked the fork up off the white plates.

We walked back slowly, we were going to go to the supermarket, but decided we didn’t need to stress ourselves so, and we headed straight home.

We watched Sybil in the evening. Two of my favourite actress’, Joanna Woodward and Sally Field. I didn’t really know that it was a true story, until I googled it. Sam usually hates my old movies, all my black and white movies, but he liked Sybil.

“This wasn’t like those terrible old black and white things you like,” he said.

“No, this is a 70’s movie,” I said. “There are plenty of great movies from the 70s.”

We went to bed later than we intended too, the previous night being what it was, as Sybil was quite a long movie. It was after 11pm, by the time we headed upstairs, nan was getting anxious.


No comments: