Monday, June 06, 2016

Eggs, Avocado and Smoked Salmon

Sam made eggs, avocado and smoked salmon for breakfast. “I have to go to the salt mines,” he said.

“Poor you.”

“When are you going back to work?”

“I don’t know, honey.”

“What did you eat for breakfast while I was away?” Sam asked. “Did you make this?” The implication was, did I cook anything.

I told Sam the story when I woke up one day and looked over at the bedside clock bleary-eyed and it said 6.03.

I got up and came downstairs. It was still dark. I thought to myself, gosh I am hungry, I might as well make breakfast, so I made eggs, avocado and smoked salmon.

When I was done making it, I took my food and my coffee back to bed with Buddy to watch morning TV, just to see how bad it was. I’d woken up one morning recently this week and the ABC morning TV program was on and it seemed almost watchable. I could eat my breakfast and then write on my laptop without paying too much attention. I switched on the TV and The Project came on.

Sam laughed with a mouthful of breakfast. "Very proud." It is nice that he is home. 



No comments: