Saturday, June 04, 2016

Hollghi, from Accounts

I watched TV in the lounge room, with Andy, with the open fire burning, the first of the year, well, the first for me. I did light one for Mitch, a few days ago, when he looked like he was freezing on the couch watching TV. Although, he looked adorable in his wool lined hat.  Andy told me that he’d switched the heating from auto to manual. 

Ah! I wanted to call out. Finally, a reason for the heating having a mind of its own.  

It seemed to have lost the plot since Sam has been away. It wasn’t that it had a mind of its own, and more realistically than me thinking it was on at all different times, it must have been on the whole time, and that is was me noticing at all different times. Oops. It was clear to me that someone had fiddled with it, not that it matters a scrap, who really cares, there are people on the planet who don't have access to fresh water. None the less, I had put feelers out over the last few days, mentioning that the heating didn’t seem to be working. I’m sure I had checked the manual/auto switch however, that much I know. It is a new system and I just haven't really learnt it yet. Sam was very impressed that I couldn't fix it. I don't think. He makes me laugh, even when he is cross with me. I'm sure that must be a good thing. You know what he blamed it on. I still haven’t paid for it, now that is the crime. I so must do that today. I lost the first bill. And then we had a dinner, and the reminder got misplaced. I just have to transfer the funds into their account, it couldn't be easier.


"Yes, that IS what I am saying, ah, Mr Fletcher," says Hollghi from accounts. She sighs, and I am sure, chews gum all at the same time.  She sounds exhausted with people like me. "You JUST have to transfer the money, you have ALL our details on our invoice, BOTH, of our invoices." Chew, chew, chew. "Don't forget to put the invoice number, sigh, into the remitters... details... section." 


No comments: