Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Bolognese for Dinner

I made Bolognese for dinner. Midmorning till I headed out to meet Sam for lunch. I found that I even liked it. It was fun cooking. Some music and the kitchen to myself, it was enjoyable. I thought I should do it some more. Why not?

I used to cook with my mum when I was a young teenager until I leaned to drive and could leave the house on my own. Lottie and I in the kitchen on Saturdays afternoon, me cooking, she doing whatever she was doing. So, much to the surprise of a lot of my friends, I know how to cook.

Sam cooks and I clean, that has always been our agreement. But, you know, now I am off work, retired quite possibly, I guess I could cook from time to time, especially if I find I like it. Friends have told me that 50 is too young to retire, and my answer has always been, “Watch me.” Oh, I don’t know if I am retired, or not. But, I can tell you one thing, I was finding work less and less fulfilling, And I guess I can’t sit on my arse for the next 40 years and watch Youtube? (Can I?) Gotta do something, if I am not getting on with that great Australian novel.

I’d do that job with my old boss, Beck, but all my friends tell me it is bad form to wish Mel’s (who has the job now) cancer back just to obtain gainful employment. Rachel (even if it was she who said to put Mel’s name in my freezer) Jill, Mark, David, all the people from who I take my advice tut-tut and shake their heads when I suggest it.
That from one of them who voted for Tony Abbot, which I feel is far worse crime.

No comments: