Friday, June 30, 2017

Buying the New TV

This morning, I felt mean about Sam getting shitty about me not paying attention to the big TV buying and in my attempt to be make up for it, the buying of the giant TV somehow was back on. Damn it. So quickly it happened, it spun my head. It was all in the decision that a 55 inch TV was too big and that a 49 inch TV was more suited to our lounge room. That decision necessitated me agreeing to buy a new TV, even if that wasn’t, exactly, what I meant.

Sam left at 8am, with a whistle on his lips. I waved him good bye, as usual, knowing I had lost the battle over the large TV.

I pissed around on Facebook, looked at carsales.com and watched icon4X4 videos on Youtube. Buddy sat in my lap. I wrapped us both up in the grey woollen blanket, it was cold. Milo came and snuggled in under the blanket as well, so I had a bulldog and a cat sitting in my lap, which is no mean feat.

Then it was lunch time. Easy morning.

4pm. Sam wanted me to call JB HiFi in Thomastown and Nunawading to find out the availability of 49 inch TVs, neither were answering very quickly. Well, the receptionist answered straight away, but the TV department wasn’t picking up. The on-hold voice never stopped talking. NEVER. Yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap. Jesus fuck! And the departments eventually did pick up, thank the fucking planet. They both had two in stock.

Sam was home by 4.30pm. We headed out to Thomastown to JB to look at a new big TV. Thomastown, because I was thinking it was just passed Bell Street and that the freeway to the eastern suburbs would be bumper to bumper by that time of day. Of course, Thomastown is a long way passed Bell Street. Never mind, the traffic was manageable for a Friday night.

JB wasn’t so helpful, none of the sets we wanted to look at were on display. And the shop assistant didn’t seem so keen to get them. Sam wanted to look at the remotes – to see how easy the system was to use – but the shop assistant wasn’t even keen to get them.

Sam knew, exactly what type of TV he wanted, one with a Android operating system.

So, we went to Harvey Norman next door and the guy was much more helpful. The shop assistant was great. As I’d managed to get the size of TV down from 55 inch to 49 inch, that is what we bought, a Sony 49 inch.

In the same business park was BevMarks not far from where the car was parked. We have been talking about buying a new bed base ever since we bought the tempur mattress last year, the year before. The shop assistant was lovely, very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. And we bought a new bed frame for our room.

We were home by 9pm. We got Thai take away diner.


No comments: