Monday, February 20, 2023

Working From Home Is Sweet

I didn't go into the office. I messaged Boris early that I was working from home. They want me to go to the office every Monday, and so far I have gone in every second Monday.

Fuck them, life is too short and we've discovered a new way to work.

Boris just messages me back, Okay. She doesn't say anything other than that.

I want to work permanently from home. I was thinking I need to say this to my (big, one more up the chain of command,) boss last Monday when I was in the office, but he came over and talked to me about my pay rise and bonus, and it took whatever little wind I had in my sails about it right out.

I'm piss weak when it comes to this kind of thing, more is the pity. I think it is long held conditioning that the bosses have all the power and we, the workers, do not.

I need to go and do assertiveness classes. But, I'm a writer, not a fighter.


No comments: