Monday, May 22, 2023

Monday

Monday, what can I say? It was my day to go into the office. I left home at 6.15am. It is dark still at that time of the morning, and I kind of like it, I feel kind of contained by the dark. My cloak of darkness will keep me safe as I walk the footpath under the glow of the still burning street lights.

I got to the office at 6.45am, so I could work on my own for maximum hours, and so I could leave early.

My one day in the office in a fortnight. I'm supposed to be going every Monday, but every second Monday I message Boris to tell her I'm working from home. It's not meant to be allowed, but I have got away with it so far.

It was our team meeting today, which we still hold via Zoom despite being in the office. It was boring as usual. Yap, yap, yap. Oh what a talkfest. My department boss likes to talk. He's nice and all, but he likes to talk.

We were encouraged to fill out the yearly work survey because so far there has only been a 51% completion rate, so I filled mine out. I elected for mine not to be anonymous. I thought, oh fuck it!

I drank lots of coffee and ate pies for lunch. Sam usually cooks me lunch to take to work, but not today.

I left the office at 3pm.

It was just a Monday. Not much more can be said. 

I can't write on my laptop during the boring bits when I am in the office.

I caught the tram home because I was feeling lazy and I was home in 15 minutes.

I took Bruno for a walk, and I was still home after that before the rest of them had left the office.


No comments: