Monday, September 25, 2023

24 Hours Later

5am. I got up and took Otto for a wee. Every two/three hours, night and day, outside to the same spot, for 3, or so, months, always after they have woken up, and after they have eaten, and they practically house train themselves. My bulldogs have all ‘gone’ right at the far end of the garden.

Bruno came downstairs with us, he was at the bedroom door and raring to go. It is my in-the-office day, so I get up early today anyway. I just got up a bit earlier.

I took Otto back upstairs and put him in his sleeping pen. I got dressed. 

I made Vegemite toast and coffee.

Bruno got on the couch closest to the kitchen and slept. He’s no longer the little guy, he’s now the big guy. How times change. He even looks big, like a big adult dog, he's not my little guy any more.

Bruno has really calmed down with Otto now, just in a day. First up he was over-excited trying to get to Otto to paw him and sniff him and generally loom over him with no regard for the size difference.

24 hours later, Otto is licking Bruno's face and chewing on his chin and Bruno is just standing there and letting him do it.

To start with, I thought, what have we done, with Bruno's over the the top reaction. Now, I think it is going to be just fine.

Anyway, I've got to get myself to the salt mines. I’d better get going. Kiss Bruno on the head as I leave.


No comments: