Sunday, April 14, 2024

Getting Things Fixed, Or Not

The fridge was fixed last Tuesday, and it had kind of struggled for a few days to hit its proper cool temperature, so much so that we thought we’d have to get the service guy back. They said it takes about 24 hours for the temperature to reset, so it had been longer than that. Then yesterday it was nice and cold. And today, everything in the fridge was frozen. So I rang the service people, they can come next Thursday.

“Next Thursday?” I questioned.

Next Thursday.

Grrrrr!

Then Sam, unhappy with next Thursday, called them back. Because it hasn’t stopped working altogether, they won't becoming any sooner, next Thursday stands.


Otto had a sore paw so he couldn’t come out today, and he was none to happy watching us walk out the door with Bruno at lunch time.

Everything seems to happen on a Sunday, which is good, and it's bad. If it wasn't Sunday we may have whizzed him off to the vet, just because we could. But now, because it happened on a Sunday, maybe it will be better tomorrow and we won't need to take him to the vet at all and we'll save ourselves a couple of hundred dollars.


We did some shopping in Abbotsford. Bruno and I went for a walk while Sam shopped. We're walking back down Lithgow Street, and a cute boy and an ugly girl - in their late twenties, I'd guess. She had far too much eye makeup on, a pointy face and rotten teeth - come the other way and the ugly girl says, “Oh my gosh what an ugly dog.” Straight to my face, like I and Bruno didn't matter. The cute boy corrected her and then they were out of earshot. I wondered what she'd have thought/said if I'd looked her in the eye and said, "Oh my gosh, all that makeup isn't hiding your ugly teeth." The thought made me chuckle.

Funny. I am stopped every day by people who tell me I have beautiful dogs. (I'm not even sure why I felt the need to add this)


We bought some pork rolls for lunch. Bruno and I were walking as Sam stood in line. There is always a line for pork rolls at the pork roll shop. You'd reckon that was an indication that another pork roll shop was needed, but the other pork roll shop closed up.

Charlie is working so we don’t have to get him lunch. Sam cooks his meals for him, or otherwise provides his meals, if we buy something, but Sam doesn't have to worry about him today. Sam pays Charlie's uni fees and cooks him all his meals, I wonder how many uni students get that from their uncle?


Then I lay on the couch and watched YouTube.

We drank tea and ate sesame balls for afternoon tea.

Otto's paw may even be a little better. Maybe? I hope that's not just wishful thinking. It hurts to watch my little guy hobbling around.


No comments: