Friday, April 12, 2024

Smoking

Okay, I just looked back over my journal and I smoked for about a month, it doesn’t seem that long, but, apparently, it is. And now this is the 3rd day of quitting smoking and I feel back to normal. In fact, I had nearly forgotten that I had given up.

I gave up smoking regularly about 10 years ago, and that was hard, back then it took me, I can’t tell you how, many attempts to stop.

Now, though, and I never thought I would get to this, I can smoke for a short time and then quit again relatively easily. I never thought I’d be able to do that but, apparently, I can.

I can even smoke for an evening and then not smoke afterwards.

Of course, it all stems from smoking pot. I have a bit of a binge on the old gunger, seemingly, once a year, and then I smoke cigarettes for a short time after that before I stop again all together.

So, I smoked pot for a week. I smoked cigarettes for the rest of the time.

I would have quit sooner, but I knew I was going away for the weekend to Sebastian’s place last weekend and I knew we’d smoke.

Adriana and I smoked joints with tobacco, and Sebastian and Johnno smoked joints just of pure pot. I don’t really like joints of pure pot, as they don’t taste as good, and/or don’t burn as well. But, Sebastian, to his credit, hasn’t touch tobacco since he gave it up cigarettes a number of years ago.

Loli got smashed on booze and said she wanted a cigarette, but we kind of talked her out of it and she didn’t end up having one. Good for her.

So, I should have quit last Monday, but I managed it on Tuesday. Not bad going. I’m feeling okay. I didn’t want to kill anyone, and that is always good.


Come on Australia legalise pot, it is the sensible thing to do.

To all those people who feel pot should be legalised, tick the box for Legalise Cannabis Party in the Senate in the next election.


No comments: