Sunday, April 07, 2024

In The Country

I woke up at 5am, my nose was blocked, I forgot my nose spray. Bruno came outside with me for a wee, but then went straight back to bed.

"Yeah, good on you buddy, nothing like staying up and keeping me company."

It had no effect he disappeared back to his dog bed without looking back.

It was dark, everyone else is still asleep. I sit outside and drink coffee and very slowly the night sky starts turning blue.

It's been a lovely weekend. Old friends. We've laughed. Told stories. Smoked pot.

Sebastian has cooked fantastic meals, even if he never manages to serve dinner before 10.30pm.

Bruno and Otto have been the perfect dogs, of course they follow me and Sam around, everyone has loved them. Otto has behaved, still being a puppy, he was the only one with whom I was concerned.

The country is lovely, it is nice to get back out into it. I miss my country place. The great open space, the depth to the view, the unbroken vistas, it does you good, that sense of the world.

6.47am. Some else is up, I can hear footsteps. The night has turned to day. I love my early morning on my own, no matter where I am.


No comments: