Friday, September 02, 2005

Tickle at The Back of My Throat

Up at 7am and down to the kitchen. I was feeling better, just an annoying coldy type tickle at the back of my throat. So I guess it’s not the flu at all. Off to work with you, young man.

SMS. 7.38. What nuts guy? Marcus? – Leah

SMS. 8.10. That’s him, Marcus Bitten. I just needed a new nutso name for my novel, Thanks – Christian

SMS. 8.10. Isn’t it bizarre how we remember these things! – Leah

SMS. 8.15. The human mind is a wonderful thing. And yours and mine are finer than most, apparently. U knew who I meant, hey? – Christian

SMS. 8.15. True enough! – Leah

SMS. 8.21. Marcus is now going to be a gay, ex-poofter basher. I hope he doesn’t mind. Do u think he is still @ large? – Christian

SMS. 8.21. In his jammies, probably – Leah

SMS. 8.24. What was it, a compass stuck in the pregnant woman’s stomach @14? – Christian

It was 8.30 as the second of the two trams coming up Gertrude Street slide into the tram stop, so I got on.

SMS. 9.26. Think so. R u at work? – Leah

SMS. 11.14. I’m @ work now… @ the good end of a boring meeting. The girl in the coffee shop was pleased we r still friends – Christian

SMS. 11.18. What girl? – Leah

I decided to call Leah after that. It was too hard to explain that I was reading the answer to the compass stab in the stomach of the pregnant woman… as it had been too hard to explain to the girl at Java when she asked if she could read the same message. How do you explain to a girl in a shop that it was an answer to a pregnant woman getting stabbed in the stomach…and then relay all of that to Leah by text?

Tim and Sylvia Romero were home drinking when I got home.

Mark and Luke arrived unexpectedly.

SMS. 18.30. Feeling better? Is Tuesday good 4 dinner? I will call Jill 2 if u like – Rachel

SMS. 19.01. Bit better, went to work all day. Tue is good. Big sneeze – Christian

Mark, Luke and I went to Tandoori Times for dinner. Who should be sitting at the next table, but Beck and her friends Sue and Susan. So Beck and Luke finally got to meet.

SMS. 20.31. U should be here snuggled up on the bean bag with Billie. She is so cute – Rachel

SMS. 20.34. The cat is asleep with her head in a shoe – Christian

SMS. 20.35. INHALE GENTLY! at this time of night, it’s the best advice I can give. I just fed the dog Andre’s dinner tee hee she loved it! – Rachel

SMS. 20.37. Bitch – Christian

SMS. 20.38. You love that dog more… – Christian

SMS. 20.38. He, he, he, big, big, big :)! Karma says I will die poor & unfulfilled, but smiling! – Rachel

SMS. 20.45. That’s all u can really ask for – Christian

SMS. 20.46. Hmmm, I think so! Daughter #1 Running me a bath & lighting candles! Big sigh – Rachel

Mark, Luke and I went to see Mysterious Skin, at the Nova, a movie about two boys, one straight and one gay, who are molested by their baseball coach when they were 8 years old. It was good. The boys were handsome, blonde and dark. Good boy, bad boy.

I saw Hillary… one of our intermittent meetings. (I used to work with Hillary, we were great mates. Now, I see her, intermittently, at plays, movies and things.

Tom called to say he was scared of running out of dope, as all of his usual sources had dried up. I’m assuming that Tom put in a call to everyone he knew.


No comments: