Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Boys Are Pissed (off)

I was bad, wicked, vindictive. Read pissed. I met up with Shane (very pissed) and Mark W (quite pissed) and Kevin, of all people, at the Laird. (I'll get back to Kevin) I was saying something about Manny - who wasn't there, naturally - saying that he complained that I didn't call him and Shane said, "I think that's what Tom says also."

"What?" I said.

"Tom has issues with you," said Shane.

Tom's playing childish games. He's got a bee in his bonnet about me not calling him up. (the fact that he is bored and doing nothing and I haven't had time to scratch, doesn't seem significant in Tom's eyes. I've worked ten hour days all week) I've email him four times this week, twice today, to see how he was and to ask him out to the Laird, all of which he's ignored. Apparently, it's by phone and speaking live, otherwise he's going to stay pissed off with me. Well, I don't want to play.

"He told you that?" I asked Shane.

"A-ha," said Shane.

So I sat down next to him, in that "if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me," kind of way.

We'd both been drinking and Shane has issues with Tom too.

And then we, basically, knifed Tom - figuratively speaking.

Well, Tom's been meddling in Shane's relationship, with Mark W and Matt, culminating in Mark W getting so pissed off that he declared an ultimatum to Shane that it was either him or Matt and Matt got the heave-ho, causing ructions in Shane and Mark W's relationship - ructions that I think are deep and very serious. Tom admitted to Shane, New Years day, under the influence of something that he'd deliberately interfered in Shane's relationship with Mark W and Matt.

So tonight the boys got together (or as he-who-shall-not-be-mentioned says, The Sisters Grim) and tore Tom apart. Josh just looked on with his mouth agape. He says he's too scared to say anything. "You were all such fantastic friends, what is going on here?" asked Josh. "What's happened since I've been in Germany?"

I wonder if Tom's ears were burning?

We've all been friends for a very long time and Tom has a tendency to interfere in all of our lives when, well, quite frankly, when he is bored.

Tom lost much of his power base tonight, let me tell you. In fact, he'd better be very careful. I didn't realise how pissed off Shane is, I didn't realise how pissed off I was.

I don't deal with infantile very well. I don't suffer fools, or foolish behaviour, gladly.


No comments: