Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Calm to Furious in 2 Seconds Flat

I thought I was doing okay, holding it together, being calm and kind to myself and those around me. I went to Nashi this morning to get muesli – I hadn't been to the supermarket for weeks, but Josh and I went tonight, we even remembered those damn, green bags – for my breakfast, only to discover they didn't have any.

“You haven’t got any muesli,” I exclaimed furiously! (Seeing red. Pulse rate accelerating exponentially. Head spinning.) “Why haven't you got any muesli?” I demanded to know.

“No we haven't,” said the nice girl behind the counter, calmly and quietly. ”Would you like me to make you up some?” Big smile. "It would be no trouble."

“Um… oh, yes.” Step back. Calm down. “That would be… great.” Breath, Christian, just breath. “Thanks.” Pulse rate slowing. Head stopping spinning. Smile. 


No comments: