Monday, April 02, 2007

Oh My Aching Head!

I had a, as we like to call it, bong-over this morning, to be sure. (Not that I smoke bongs) I had a head ache till midday, I didn't get what was wrong with me till lunch. I thought I was coming down with something. I was slow, VERY slow. Fucken slow!

It all suddenly came clear to me, as I poured the sachet (and a half) of coffee into my cup. Why I was tired, why I couldn't stop yawning. It was Monday morning, to be sure, but that wasn't enough to explain why I was feeling so wrecked. I constantly had my hand over my mouth. I felt a bit queasy, as well as having an aching head. Blur is how I felt and I didn't know why, until the thought of coffee turned my stomach, some what. Oh yes, of course.

What a morning for Josh to decide to walk into work with me. Poor Josh, he must have thought I was, what is becoming apparent, my normal grumpy self. I seem to be always grumpy with him now.

How the hell did I do it for, oh, how many years? You know, I've always said walking to work was for health reasons, I just didn't specify how. That walk to work cleared many a foggy, doped head, before I got to the salt mines, let, me tell you.

I couldn't do it now. Nay, I don't want to do it now.


No comments: