Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Chocolate Season

It's chocolate season! The time of year that we buy into all the marketing ploy and go out and buy chocolate for everyone. Big eggs, little eggs, caramel filled eggs, hard, solid eggs. Hollow, thin, gold and silver wrapped, large and small eggs. Carob, yogurt, white chocolate, dark chocolate and hand painted.

I offered to hand-paint Manny's eggs for him, he said the thought gave him a hard-on. What would his poisonous, born-again, devout Christian mother say? Nothing, she doesn't know I exist, which is just the way I like it. I don't have to buy her an egg, other than a large one strapped to a suicide bomber egg... but, I digress. Manny laughed and said I'd have to wait until Greek Easter for his painted eggs.

It's the Pagan holiday for giving sweets. Bless the Pagan gods.

I usually don't eat, I pass them on to Mark and Luke instead, who are chocolate fiends. Not that I have trouble with tooth decay. (Nervous laugh) But, chocolate isn't my thing. Sure, if you put a plate of it in front of me I'd eat it, but... I'm more of your pastries kind of boy.

All those diets, in a couple of weeks, who needs them.

Still, I guess it is better than hanging off a wooden cross, for three days, to gain a bit of notoriety.

 

No comments: