Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sad But True

I can't wait for Josh to go. It is sad but true. I've been botted off by experts in the past and I swore it wouldn't happen again and yet it is. Why do people think it is okay to let somebody else pay for the things they use? Friends are often the worst culprits.

Josh and I had certain agreements, up front, about what how he was supposed to contribute to the costs of running the house. I never said, oh yes, come and stay with me for 6 months and I will provide for all your needs. No and I don't think it is reasonable to think I would. We've since had discussions about it. He's clearly not going to meet them, however.

It's sad to see a friendship drain away over such trivial matters but, I'm afraid, it is. I've been in this position before, where I've given people the benefit of the doubt and they have taken the easy way. And it's going to happen again. I mean, I'm not talking about teenagers, I'm talking about thirty year olds, closer to forty than thirty. I'm not talking about kids who don't, or shouldn't expect to, have means to pay for themselves. I'm talking about fully functioning adults. The thing I hate most is being made to be the Landlord Nazi, when they have asked to come and live with me. I've bought it up several times. How many times do I have to?

The worst thing about all of this, is that it turns me into a passive aggressive monster, one of my worst traits, when pushed. 


No comments: