Monday, November 24, 2008

Secret Homos

At the function, Saturday night, there was this big, strapping guy named Rob. He was a real Aussie bloke, all right, big and muscular. Round, handsome face with beautiful blue eyes - almond shaped, come to bed eyes. His black hair did a point to his forehead, cut short. Olive skin, stubble. The type who'd greet you with, "G'day."

He held my gaze steady as he waited for a drink. He held my gaze still, as I served him. He'd had a few beers, but he held my gaze too long. The eyes tell the story when I try to explain gaydar to my girlfriends. Then he went back to his wife and danced real close with her and wouldn't look at me. Later, he was sitting on the edge of the dance floor, with his arm around his wife, who was chatting to somebody else and he was staring over, as soon as I took his gaze, he looked away.

Then at brunch, as I was walking through, he held my gaze again, with intent said those beautiful eyes, so much so I got a chill. I hurriedly offered to clear tables, but he wouldn't look at me again when I asked him if he'd finished, as I took his plate, he pretended not to hear me.

He and his pretty wife left not long after that. His wife said a lot of good byes, which meant he spent a good five minutes standing around, looking over. That gave me some moments to enjoy his, truly, bulging jeans. One time he caught me looking, which prompted him to slide his hand in his pocket and adjust himself, but then he was back to not looking at me again, even when his wife thanked me.

Luke said Rob did the same thing to him, when I told Luke about him. Luke said he made some chummy homophobic remark, but when Luke asked him to repeat it he wouldn't and then he wouldn't look Luke in the eye after that.

Luke & I reckon he is a secret homo. Such a pretty wife too. He lives up around Seymour. Luke and I thought we may take a trip up to Seymour and hang around the bogs, we reckon we might just see him.

I noticed, when he left, he drove a Hyundai Getz, hardly a masculine car. So, straight'ish boys are still, potentially, ruining girl's lives. I wondered if, one day, he would leave her and she would be left wondering why, as I watched the small silver hatchback disappear up the drive way through the trees?

 

3 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

I think the same everytime I see Baz Lurhmann on TV.

Melbourne really messes my gaydar though...everyone looks gay here.

FletcherBeaver said...

taking over the world

FletcherBeaver said...

We’ll make it compulsory in the end