Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm Intolerant Of

I find I'm getting increasingly intolerant of things as I get older. I told Beck I thought there was something wrong with me but she didn't think there was, she said it happens, we just don't want to put up with things like we did when we were young pups, now that we are hitting our forties.

So, I find I'm getting intolerant of...

High heels click clack on the concrete behind me as I walk to work in the mornings. Ah, give me strength!


The yabber of voices talking nonsense on mobile phones anywhere in my vicinity.

"Can you take that some where else? It's why they call them mobile, after all."


Blood sucking lawyers; pushing the compensation barrow so that every aspect of our lives is affected and changed just so the LLB can earn millions of dollars at society's expense. It's no surprise to me that the forefathers banned them from advertising.

We can't do x, y & z any more, we might be sued by someone.


the diminishment of shame - people don't feel any shame at things that they shouldn't feel any shame over any longer, abortion, being a single mother, etc, which is good, but it also means they don't feel any shame at the things they should still feel shame about, being self focused and being cheap, mean, begging.


People who insist on running for the lift which is just leaving.


Fat people who sit in the next seat to you at the cinema or on an aeroplane.


Old women on motorised buggies, either walk or die, that's what I say.


Mothers with kids; their fucking prams and their squealing brats and the, obvious, belief that they can do anything they like and that their brats can disturb anyone they choose.

"Mother and child, mother and child, mother and child."

You haven't made the ultimate gift to the world, you just got sprogged up by some bloke while you had your ankles where your ears usually are.


You know, any idiot can get a driver’s licence, master a mobile phone plan, or have a kid. Have you noticed?


People who step out of shop doorways without looking.

Pedestrians who change direction not giving a damn whose path they step into.

Red heads.

Stupid people.

Everybody being scared.

of driver's who stop and hold up the traffic when they could squeeze through and keep going.

(not of red heads, of course. But, you have to say it, you know)


I used to be famously laid-back, nothing bothered me. What happened to that Christian? I wondered if I should go see a therapist. Everybody I know sees a therapist, so it would seem, but not me. Beck said no - Beck who does not see a therapist. She said people are just becoming more annoying, that it's them and not me. Nice thought, I thought, but surely some of it has to be me? Beck thinks I should go back to the gym. Beck has just discovered the gym and says she has never felt better. She says she now sees why everyone is becoming sooo annoying, it's because they sit on their fat arses for far too much of their lives. (eating junk food) Says Beck, who used to sit on her fat arse far too much. (eating junk food)


No comments: