Friday, January 01, 2010

Time To Party

The party tonight. New Year’s Eve, Lismore. My first Tropical Fruits. We left around 10/11pm. We sat up in the bleachers set high on the roof of a very square building, that double as a toilet underneath. The man next to me was smoking dope, which he offered me. How civilised, I thought. And maybe I and being unkind, but he must have seen me take an e, which he asked about any spare before the fireworks had started.

The fireworks were, well, fireworks, the nicest part was at the end when everything went gold.

Everyone thinks that Matt messed up his set, too arty, to out there, not danceable. The dance floor cleared. The music wasn’t so good from any of the djs, I don’t think. The same retro party pop/house. It’s like no new music has been produced in the last ten years.

We danced quite a bit, though. 

Jeff and Raymond were there, but they seemed to keep a bit of a wide berth. I’m not really sure why?

The show grounds were like a baby version of Sydney or Melbourne. It was all set up around one side of an oval. There were lots of assorted things, the chill out space, the passion pit, tents set up.


No comments: