Friday, January 15, 2010

Alex Came and Stayed

Alex came over and stayed the night. His house mate was having a party and Alex didn't really like the people who were going to attend, so he came and stayed with me. The first time we'd spent the night together. It was kind of cool.

I'd forgotten about sharing a bed all night, I kind of liked it. Playing footsies and cuddling. That other energy, pulling the doona in a different direction, it's nice, makes you feel a live and not selfishly wrapping yourself up like a kebab for the night. We even slept in each other's arms for a time, something I don't usually do as I get too hot.

I'd forgotten about gazing across, first thing, as the light broke and seeing two big brown eyes gazing back. He's so handsome. He smiled. "Good morning, sleepy head. It's 10.30." I wondered if he meant that 10.30 was late?

I'd forgotten about sour kissing morning breath, but I kissed him anyway, he was warm and keen.

We had coffee and OJ before he had to head off. Time to study, he said.

Aren't you on holidays?

At 35, he's trying to fast track his degree. I don't have time to piss around. Then he was gone, out into the day.

He commented favourably about my pruning in the front yard as he left.

"I want to see this trimmed and these edges straight by the time I get back."

I wondered how long I had before he came back?

Then I could think nothing but nice thoughts about him. You know, smiling and whistling, without even realising that I was smiling and whistling.

No comments: