Sunday, January 24, 2010

Moving My Sedentary Arse

Okay, I've been for a bike ride. I didn't manage it yesterday, or Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon last weekend, but today I did. Hopefully, I can manage it tomorrow too. No reason not to, ha, ha! The fucking tennis is in the way, natch, however... I gave it and the suburban punters a wide birth.

Those boy bike riders in lycra, look as though they are riding with hardons, every one of them. Very nice.

And some of them jogging boys, just in shorts... woof! Especially the ones who haven't taken up the habit of wearing lycra under jogging shorts, you want to catch a glimpse of their jocks as they run, I know I do.


I so need to go get my hair cut, it's beginning to look like this.


Jonathan Taylor Thomas


You should see what it looks like when I come back from a ride with sweaty helmet hair. Oh, not pretty.

Although I like my hair longer, short hair is sooooooooo much easier to maintain.

I'm on day 11 of no smoking. So, that's pretty good, huh? And even then it was only for a week. 

I stared Jan 6th and gave up Jan 13th and before that it was some time before Xmas that I hadn't smoked for.

LouLou, who is looking after Bolago while Mark and Luke are away, asked me up for the weekend to "play" as she puts it. I said no because she is a big pot smoker.

I said no to G this weekend because I know he'll have the bong out.

I can't keep avoiding all of my pot smoking friends forever, I know. But just for now...

I never read the death notices, but yesterday I did, just out of the blue, don't know why. And there was one of my uni lecturers, Marg. She'd died suddenly a few days before. I liked her, she was unnaturally enthusiastic. You know quite the opposite from the cat's bum seriousness that most of the lecturers suffered from. 

But why, I ask? Why, when I never read the death notices, would I read the day that she was in? Funny huh?

It's a shame, she was nice.


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Not sure if my students think of me as "cut's bum serious" but one of them definitely pinched me on the bum at the greyhound on New Years Eve (the cheeky little bugger).

FletcherBeaver said...

No, I never had a lecturer who's arse I wanted to pinch. Maybe I should have done science?