Monday, February 22, 2010

Did I tell you that Josh and I had a falling out?

Oh, he used my place as a drop in centre once too often, I called him on it, he didn't like it. Well, I think that's what happened? I'm not really sure now what, actually, happened. Something strange.

Now that I think about it, it was because I was dealing with David's crap all over the house and I just didn't want a house guest. Can't remember but, you know Josh, sometimes it just isn't about you.


Time passed. I went interstate for New Year. I didn't drop into see him which was on my way. I would have, I wanted to, but... I feared that he might have said that he didn't want me to, so I didn't.

There was silence.

So, I made a few moves to heal the rift, texts, email.

He said there wasn't a problem. But still silence.

The very nature of our communications, friendship had changed. You didn't have to be fucken Einstein.

Anyway, it seemed to me that he resisted my moves towards reconciliation, so I made no more attempts.

Fuck him, I thought. He had no real reason to be pissed off with me in the first place any way.


Time passed. We've been friends for years. Silence.

He, finally, text me yesterday - what 3 months later - saying he was in Melbourne and did I want to catch up for a drink, or dinner.

I text him back, Who is this? I couldn't help myself. It made me laugh.


Sebastian came over and cooked us a beef and pomegranate salad, it was fucking beautiful. Cheese, red wine, naturally. There are advantages, obviously, having a chef for a friend.


Josh got dinner too, a great way for me to bring him back into the bosom, and I didn't have to do a thing. Ha, ha. Oh yes, he text back and said I was far too clever for my own fucking good, and he made me invite him formally for dinner. So, I guess, we're friends again.

Everyone is amazed about David. Shane and I just shrug, mumble something about messy cunt and say no more.

(We have a house rule, no bitching about housemates to the outside world, secret blog withstanding, you understand)


No comments: