Saturday, February 06, 2010

Life's a Circus, Old Chum

It's funny how the fat chick hangs out with the post operative transsexual at work. It's a freak show most days – grossly fat, criminally ugly. It's like being back at school where the rejects, the misfits, the ugly and the lame just seemed to gravitate together - when we all hoped like hell that we wouldn't be one of them. Fat and skinny. If Laurel and Hardy were ever to do drag, I know what they'd look like.

The fat chick usually dresses in miniskirts and platform shoes which she teeters about on. She's a weird shape and her dress style does her no favours, giving her the appearance of being wider than she is tall. I don't know what she must see when she looks in the mirror in the morning. There's some sort of body dysphoria going on there. Has to be. Nobody dresses in the clothes of a 50 kilo seventeen year old when they are a 100 kilo forty year old unless there is a serious disconnect happening.

The tranny dresses like a high class hooker most of the time, I'm sure there would be woman envious of her wardrobe. She looks so different to how she looked as a man with her collagen lips and her fake boobs. Something else has happened to her face, though, I'm not sure what. There is some other difference, which is not altogether normal. I swear, if she catches me off guard, says hello out of the blue, I'm pretty certain I know how Doctor Frankenstein felt when I look around.

Don’t get me wrong, I like them both, they are both nice girls. It’s just a kind of weird throw back to being picked last for team sports, or something. They would have been the ones who nobody wanted.

Ah, they make quite a pair, clinging together. Often literally, arm in arm.


I'm thankful that my deviation is something quite ordinary now, well, in the world I inhabit, anyway. I guess the hanged boys in Iran wouldn't agree, as the guys from fifty years ago wouldn't agree either. I'm glad mine isn't obvious and that I can wear it well.

What must it like to be normal? Who knows? Are any of us? Do I even want to be? What did Bette Midler say about fried eggs? Some people carry them on the inside, some people carry them on the outside.

Do I wonder how the straight, hetro male lives his life, like the persecuted gays wonder how I live mine?


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

As the resident gay in the office, perhaps you could offer your learned colleagues some style advice. In any case, the minorities should all be sticking together in solidarity.

FletcherBeaver said...

Ooo, the style of those girls is way beyond my magic words.