Saturday, February 20, 2010

I've drunk nearly two litres of orange juice - freshly squeezed, pulp included - to drown my tonguing for a little red vino. I’ve been a bit salivatory for it all day, since I saw tonight’s bottles on the bench this morning. Who’d have fucken thought? Me, the last of the non-drinkers.

The orange juice seems to have worked though.

I’m going to have to steer clear of it next week, have a break. Me and Shane are still getting through a bottle a night. Sometimes more. So easy. Any wonder my bike riding isn’t having any effect on my belt buckle.


I’m getting back into Doctor Who. I was obsessed as a kid, but I haven’t watched any of the new series'. I went and bought the first series and I’m taking Shane there with me. Red wine, Doctor Who, does it get better?

The first doctor of the new series, Christopher Eccleston, is kind of hot. There is something cheekily sexy about him. Great smile.

David Tennant is okay too, in the you-like-your-brother kind of way.


5 comments:

Gabriel said...

I'm aiming for three dry nights a week. Which has been quite a coup for me. You can do it!

The Time Boy said...

Hey, Dr Who...wow! Can't get enough of it, but guess that's the Brit in me and I grew up with it too! Glad you're enjoying the new series and hope you progress to seasons 2-4 as it just get's better and better with some huge surprises to come! Great blog btw!

FletcherBeaver said...

Gabriel - I'm thinking I'm going to have to stop drinking during the week, as I'm now thinking about it around lunch time on the weekends.

Thanks Time Boy - I've already got season 4, someone gave it to me for Xmas. Why season 4, who knows. But that is what prompted me to get season one. I will get the rest, can hardly wait.

richardwatts said...

Doctor Who is fantastic - congratulations on your taste! And god can I relate to the struggles of not drinking...

FletcherBeaver said...

Thanks Richard, I hold my glass up