Sunday, January 08, 2012

Big Fat Lazy Arse

And it rained all night as if for lovers separated.
I watched Atonement until 3am. So sad. It seemed some how fitting as I lay in my bed alone.
The rain was still falling as I fell asleep, closer to 4am.

I woke up to the sound of the rain falling still and the feeling of a cool breeze blowing in through my balcony doors over me, latish, 10'ish.

I took my breakfast back to bed.

I fell back to sleep until early afternoon, like I am the laziest person in the world, or I had been bitten by a tsetse fly, or had been pumped with valium, relaxed, stretched languorously across my bed… as I watched "Britain from Above", a program all about movement in and around Britain’s roads, rivers, trains, power stations everything really. Very interesting, despite me sleeping through the second half... of the program and the day.

Mid afternoon, Shane headed out. I suddenly felt hungry, as if his movement had stirred my gastric juices, and I think Kebab. You know, something easy. Then I think something healthier, if I am not moving from my bed for two days, after all, so I head to the supermarket for roast chicken and salad.
I was soooooooo tempted to drive to the supermarket, but I just couldn’t lie in bed for two days and then drive 300 metres to the supermarket.

I watched Grand Designs, they built a house out of old tyres in the south of France and it turns out really stylish, really nice.
Then I watched Bran Nue Dae, which I’ve never seen before, and which I think is really cool. I think it is the first time that I have seen Aboriginal content be funny and not take the Aboriginal issue so seriously.
Then there is The Italian Job, the original, of course, one of my favourite movies. That spectacular scenery, the beautiful cities, those stylish cars, the action scenes, the old fashioned suspense.

I called Anthony late, he says he has had another day where things have not gone right. The ongoing saga of continuing life with broken arms. Shopping, caring for his mum.
I tell him I have spent the last two days in bed. “I’m sure a therapist would say I’m depressed, but I’m sure I’m not.” We both laugh.

I’ve been so lazy fucken fat arse immobile that my back begins to hurt. Damn! Why can’t you be a lazy arse with no consequences, that’s what I ask?

“I worry about you and your depression,” says Anthony with a laugh.

Sam messages me to say that the whole family has descended on the house for the wedding tomorrow and it is noisy and loud and there are so many people his head is spinning. He says that I should have gone with him, to share in his agony. That's what boyfriends are for, after all.

No comments: