Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Guadalupe and Project Runway

I so love my balcony doors, when it is hot, I sleep with them open and the cool of the evening always cools my room by morning. When I got up and pissed at 7am, while the rest of the house was hot and stuffy, my room was cool, as I pulled the doona over me and slept until 10.30.

I had a shower, as soon as I got up, and I swayed under the fresh jet stream of water, still bleary-eyed and half asleep, so much so that I could feel the effort it took to keep myself upright under the water.
It is the equivalent of a newly born puppy before its eyes have opened.

Guadalupe arrived, not long after I got up. So I got the hell out there, headed out for breakfast. Everything seems to be closed for the Xmas holidays though and I ended up at the old post office in Smith Street. The newspaper and muesli and fruit and coffee. People coming and going. It's nice to leave the house, really. Some where between the first and second coffee, I looked up and Shane was sitting at the next table.
“Well hello.”
Laugh. Laugh. How funny. Fancy that. Ha ha.
"Hello."
"How long have you been there?"
"I didn't notice you when I walked in."
"I've been lost in the newspaper."
"I was in need of food."

Shane got up and left, saying something about having to pay Guadalupe, or having to get the money, or something. Then he was back what seems like moments later. "That'll shut the bitch up." He ordered more coffee and more food and we read our respective newspapers and commented on the news items.

Then Shane looked at his iPad and said he had just got a date and had to go, and he packed up his stuff and was gone for a second time.

Then, I went to the French bakery and bought a cheese and caramel tart. I saw a huge fat old lady struggling with her steps as she walked towards me, she had on a thin cotton t-shirt and no bra, so it looked like she had two meat loaves dangling on strings on either side of her chest below her shirt.

It’s cooler today, with a lovely breeze blowing. I bought a Dorothy Hewett novel from the second hand bookshop on my way home. I sat outside on the wicker chair on my veranda and read until Guadalupe left. Then she was saying good by Christian and I was saying good bye too and I made coffee and peanut butter toast and I ate the tart and read some more, lying on the couch with the window at my shoulder.

Sam came over after work, he’s now on holidays. He wanted to do more tina.
"I'm on holidays."
I had to put my foot down.
"I want at least a mill of serotonin in my brain to make it effective."
"It'll be Easter then," said Sam. "As I can't do it on a normal weekend and go back to work Monday."
"I'm quiet pleased about that, actually."
"I think I miss her already."
Sharp intake of breath. "I'm not pleased about that."

David came over for Project Runway. It was the last few episodes, the finale, so we were glued to the end. My favourite won... um... er... that could quite possibly be the gayest thing I have ever said.

We had fish and chips from Hooked. Sam and I felt sick afterwards. Shane said the next day that he felt sick too. I don’t know how David felt, but as we know he can eat anything and still feel just fine. I text the fat slag, he said he was fine. Of course, he can inhale the contents of a fridge and sleep for 8 hours soundly.

Sebastian didn't come over and cook dinner. I don't know why and I didn't care enough to ask.

No comments: