Friday, January 13, 2012

Not Even Midday and I Have Ruined My Diet

I had dinner and watched dvds with Jill, last night. Dinner and a show, if you like, except we traded party frocks for a couch each. The Green Lantern was okay, a bit dark and the cinematography was a bit muddy, but any movie with Ryan Reynolds in it, especially running around his under pants, be it for only a short time at the beginning, can't be all bad. Horrible Bosses, I, actually, found this hysterical and am now thinking how I could use it as a template for a story of my own. Bridesmaids, which was my least favourite of the three, just a little too American to be too enjoyable for my tastes, even if it did have some funny moments.

We had ham and salad and a chocolate and caramel tart.

As I was leaving, Jill handed me a packet of The Natural Confectionary Co "Party Mix", "Here, take these."

"Why?"

"Well, I have already eaten the other packet that I bought and I don't want to eat this one."

Jill has weight issues. If I hadn't been in her car, often, I might suspect she is one of those fat chicks who surreptitiously drives through fast food drive-throughs, hiding the wrappers, the evidence, in the back footwell of her car.

I know, that the mince pies over Xmas caused her and Jenny Craig to part company, recently.

Of course, I could have said no (to the bag of lollies) and in the real world I only have myself to blame, I realise that, but it is something that one often just accepts, says yes to and doesn't think about until sometime later.

Like this morning, Oh, there is that bag of lollies on the kitchen bench. Yay!

Yes, well thanks Jill, not even midday and I have already inhaled most of the packet. All of the packet. And now it has started to rain just as I was about to go for a bike ride. (smile) Do you like my excuses? (wink) Oh yes, I am full of them. Sam loves it. (nervous smile) And, I hope, that he will go on loving me despite them...

However...

What is the mentality here? (with giving me the bag of sweets, are you keeping up?) I (Jill) have already ruined my diet, so now I am going to take you (me) down with me? Or is it less thought out than that, do you think?

"AH!" Throw the remaining poison at the nearest person? Take no prisoners? Every fatty for himself? Here! Catch! Help?


2 comments:

RIC said...

... Still following your own private path, as usual, as always... Reassuring indeed! That can only mean you’re alright, which is marvellous in our world these days… I’m glad and happy for you, I guess.
Around here a lot of sh*t happened to me, mainly in the “health department”… Being alive these days is somehow a tasty victory, I guess. Though all doors aren’t yet closed on evil… No, I don’t mean cancer; I mean two illnesses that usually go hand in hand: psoriasis and depression. Seems easier and lighter than it actually is.
I wish I could travel for a while. Maybe I’d finally get to know the antipodes. Yes, somewhere quite far away from this wretched country, of which I’m as fed up as one possibly can… There’s nothing left around here for a guy like me… But I also know there’s no way out. So…
Wish you all the best for 2012, dear Fletcher! I’ll always remember you as one of the first bloggers I came across who was/is like me, and it was comforting reading your texts then.
Enjoy life, and keep on following that path of yours! :-)

(Sorry for such a long comment...)

FletcherBeaver said...

Ric
I don't know why you apologise for the length of your messages, there is no need to, really. What you write is always interesting
Hello, it is nice to hear from you again. Occasionally, I have visited your blog over the previous three, or so, years and I have wondered what happened to you. I have alternated from thinking the worst, to think all sorts of lovely out comes. I don't know why but both types of scenarios have often involved push bikes. I guess it is the product of my imagination.
I guess the reality is not quite so interesting. I hope you are feeling better now?
I hope life is progressing okay for you, your message seems to say the opposite, but I hope that is changing to something better for you.
Yes, you should travel, it is a wonderful thing. But, I guess, if you are not able to, we are lucky we have the internet, even if it is a somewhat second rate alternative. There is nothing like seeing places for oneself. I am always told by visitors to Australia that it is the Australian light that is so unique. I guess you don't get to see such detail through a computer screen.
I am well and happy. Well, happy in my personal life, even if I am not so happy in my professional life. I have a lovely new (going on two years) boyfriend who came along when I least expected him to, I guess, as boyfriends often do, who is smart and handsome and clever and funny and just so nice and normal that he has won my heart over completely. He makes me smile and laugh and happy on a daily basis.
I just need to find myself a new job now, which I am so less inclined to want to do.
So, good to hear from you. here's to a happy and healthy 2012
christian