Tuesday, January 03, 2012

I Stared At Youtube All Day

Sam went to work, he looked kind of nice, out of my bleary eyes, in his blue striped shirt, as he smiled and blew kisses from the door.

“Bye darling, have a nice day at the salt mines,” I said as I snuggled down into the bed and pulled the doona over me.


I slept until mid morning. Lovely! She I give up on the myth of claiming that I am up at 9am? No, I am, usually.

I stood in the kitchen and stared out the back windows into the garden as the coffee brewed. I felt oh so bored, really, wasting my life on my computer and I wasn’t looking forward to doing it again today… but I did… of course.

I felt okay, all things considered. I should be doing more though, good things, productive things, creative things.

I spent the day on YouTube looking at a collection of American concept cars from the 1950s. You know, as you do. What else does one do the day after? I watched a video of them electrifying a 1955 roadster prototype, very interesting. It had never been powered before.

I love YouTube.


It was hot outside, forty degrees. A day to keep the windows shut and the curtains drawn and try to ignore the temperature that was raging beyond.


Sebastian came over in the evening and he and Shane went out somewhere for dinner. Sebastian looked at the bowls of plums on the kitchen bench, picking them up and asking if they were ready to eat, biting into one and announcing that they were and generally appearing to be knowledgeable about plums, as he likes to, if you know what I mean. Food means relevance to our Sebastian. 

I don’t know if they invited me out for dinner, or not, but I didn’t really care.


No comments: