Thursday, January 12, 2012

Missing Him?

I haven't stopped talking to Sam – instant messaging, Skype, sms, emails – since went OS. We have talked the whole time he has been away. It's nice, really nice. I don't get a chance to miss him, I don't want the chance to miss him. I can just chat to him whenever I feel like it. I just pick up my phone, sign into Skype, write an email. Even at his sister's wedding, he skyped me on his iPhone, for some time, so I got to see the dancing and the magic show and the bride and groom and the cake that was as big as a person.

He kept turning the phone towards himself and smiling. He looked so handsome in his suit and tie. Lovely. I'm sure his face was blushed with joy.

He's now hanging out with his family, which he is enjoying more and more now that the members of his extended family have returned home to their own houses after the wedding. The more who leave, the more the noise dissipates and calm is restored.

He's become a soft Aussie, though, as he says he can hardly take the humidity now. "Aren't you supposed to be here fanning me?" he says. He misses his foot massages, too.

He's now helping out in his parent's shop, I suppose, until he comes home. Lucky him, I guess, like the past ten years has never happened. I don't know? Maybe? A sense of deja vu?

I asked him if the locals are saying it is nice to see him. He says that those who come in are asking him, more often than not, when he is getting married, of course. The last of the four siblings yet to marry.

And he's feeling sick, which is no doubt as a result of eating too much chili, the admission of which could get him thrown out of the family, naturally, and relieved of shop duty. Ha, ha. I guess not. The best labour is family slave labour. What do you mean you don't want chilli?

If only it were that easy.

I should be rubbing his... um... er... stomach.


It's funny how often I look over to that space... where he should be... when he's not filling it... feeling like something is missing. I waved my arm through it, just to check that my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.


No comments: