Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Always The Last To Know

Sam and I ate spaghetti from our lunchboxes sitting on a seat in the Flagstaff Gardens. After we have eaten, we stroll around the gardens promenading. In the sun.

You get to see all the cute office boys in shorts bedding over and doing the squats.


We head to the QV Woolies after work and buy schnitzels and salad. Oh what to have for dinner every night, it is a chore. QV Woollies is a special chore all of its own. The Tuesday special is back on at KFC. I don’t know who mentioned it first, but we had both seemed to have mentioned it. If we had KFC tonight, we could have the schnitzels and salad tomorrow night. It wasn’t so much that I wanted KFC, but it pleased me to know we had two nights dinners taken care of. The dreaded supermarket run.


Anthony calls me to ask me if all the preparations had been taken care of.

“For your guests.”

“What guests?

“Your guests over the long weekend.”

“What long weekend?”

“Oh, get with it.”

“Really? Guests? Mark and Luke?”

“Jane and Jay are coming to stay for 2 days. And so am I.”

“When did that happen?”

“I knew it, you never keep up.”

I’m not sure how I got out of that particular loop, I suspect it had something to do with Mark, and Anthony was just reporting in maliciously, knowing how slow on the detail is Captain Vague.

“Don’t get me wrong, that sounds lovely, I just didn’t know.”

“Always the last to know,” Anthony scalded down the phone.

No comments: