Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Back at the Salt Mines

It was so weird, I felt so nervous for the last few days, strange really. I start new jobs continuously, that is just the nature of temporary assignments. I've taken periods of time off too, of course, and started back at work without too much trepidation. But these last two days of working, I have felt so anxious. Well, not exactly anxious as just nervousness in the pit of my stomach, which I wasn't able to shake. And tired too. I've felt exhausted when I've got home.

But, it has been nice walking into work again with Sam... and meeting him after work for the return journey, like when we first met when I worked for the black law firm. My boss even managed to locate us in the same part of the CBD.

Lucky me though, this first assignment is only for three days a week, so I have the next two days off. Lovely.

Anyway, it's cold tonight and getting late and I must go and crawl into bed next to Sam, he'll be nice and warm.

No comments: