Monday, April 29, 2013

Ex'es in Your Life

I am up at 7am. I make coffee, at Sam’s behest.
“Are you awake to go to the toilet, or are you awake?”
“What’s the difference? Never mind. I think I am awake.”
“Go and make coffee.”


I put the heating on. Good host 101, I tell myself. I have to consciously run through it, otherwise I just forget. It has always been a bit of a mystery to me. Towels. Clean sheets. Keep them warm. Feed them. Continue to be nice, those sorts of things. It doesn’t come naturally. 

It is kind of dark at 7am. The house is dark, the night is just turning to day, there is a glimpse of dark house, lighting up world. 

Sam comes down stairs and almost immediately goes back upstairs to have a shower. I brew coffee and smoke the joint. He doesn’t smell it when he comes back down. He proves the point by telling me to go and get the bills I had forgotten to pay, before I get stoned. 

“Yes, yes,” I say. “Of course.” Too late, I think. 

Sam let’s Buddy in, keen for Buddy to continue his training. Sam heads off to work. 

I clean the kitchen, wash the dishes, make more coffee. 

I put on Chaka Khan. Too up. 

I put on Dionne Warwick. The second joint is kicking, the one I had while I washed the dishes. I laughed. If you time it just right, which I had, it doesn’t hit you until the chores are finished and you are sitting down again. Dionne Warwick made me feel I had been left in a lift someplace. 

I put on Bettye Lavette. Ah Bettye. When she sang “Thru the Winter”, I noticed that the sun had come out for the first time. 

Buddy lies down on his mat with his paws over his head. I chuckle. Too gay. 




Light is magical, don't you think? That, in itself, should be enough for us to want to protect the planet, but apparently not. It is a shame really, as nature is more beautiful than anything we've ever come up with


It is Leah B’s (Ex-girlfriend) birthday. She will be turning 48. She was 14 when I met her. I’ve known her for 34 years. Wow. That is a long time. I wonder when we will meet and talk for the first time since our falling out? It really started at Jill’s 50th, not that I told Leah that straight away, I just walked away, or, drove away, as it was. I suddenly had the feeling that I had had enough of her, as the next round of her verbal assault commenced in the street as we waited for taxi’s. “No, really, what goals do you have?” I simply turned around, got in my car, which was right behind me, and drove away from that pub in South Melbourne. So that was December 21st 2010. Leah acknowledged it in my birthday car last year, 2012. That took a while? A comment on our friendship, perhaps? A year and a half, you know, that isn’t so long for friends who live in different cities. So, when are we going to meet up? Of course, I have to stop backing out of the-dinner-of-friends for that to happen? I’m not worried about it now, I was for some time, but I am not now. I’m just worried of walking into the next dinner and bursting out laughing, because of how childish it all just seems.

We’d lock eyes, as I walked in. She would be straight over, “me” people are always like that.

“Why aren’t you talking to me?”

“Because you are a fucking nag, that’s why.”

Serious face. “I’m what?”

Everybody would clap. I envisage a slow clap that builds momentum.

Friends again.



Anthony is being very quiet.

9am

(Anthony)

Well, what else have you got to say for yourself?

The sun is shining here. Is it Monday already? Yes, Sam headed off to work. Monday? It doesn't feel like Monday?

I have bad flatulence.

christian


I think about all the sheets I have to wash and beds I have to make. They all have to be done now, so many guests, so much work to do. I must get Sam onto it next weekend. He and I, not just him, don’t get me wrong. If we both do it, I am sure it won’t take long. Of course, all the doonas have been swapped around, of course. Too heavy, too light. Too cold, too hot. People, I know. You’d think sleeping was a very simple, straight forward, thing to do, I know I find it so.


I have been turned down by the Xdresser from Ballarat ,gold digging bitch , how is my self esteem now? Anthony


fucking bitch! christian

No comments: