Friday, February 05, 2016

I Got Me 2 days in Footscray

Jack text again, wanting to confirm my departure from (the name of the company). I don’t know what number message that one was from him, but there has been many since Monday? I text him back that I had left (the name of the company), and that I was planning to take some time off. Then I called him, I’ve got no reason to ignore him. Everything is fine, I’m taking time off. I even used my mother dying card. (I always negotiate too hard with work, I’ve got to learn to relax, take my time?)

“You take all the time you want,” said Jack.

Lovely Jack, oh how I’ve missed you, Jack. My Mr Phelps. No, I guess I'm Mr Phelps. My Charlie. That makes me an angel.

Later in the afternoon came the message, I know you were taking time off, but I am really stuck, how would you consider doing 2 days to get me out of a hole. Footscray, half a day, followed by a whole day.

I found myself texting, Footscray?

I’m really stuck, came Jack’s reply.

I guess it is nice to be needed, Jack is the only person who gives me that feeling. Sad, when it is just a voice on the end of the phone? I found myself texting, sure. Jack says that is why I am his favourite contractor? You always say, sure.

I needed to keep Jack happy, let’s face it, he is the only employer that ever wants me to work for them. No other employer ever has. Never. I've never been indispensable. I wonder what that feeling would feel like? When I hold out for a higher salary, it always means I am one step away from out the door. I always play it far too take-no-prisoners. Why don’t I remember that? Clearly, I have no skills in this area. The sum result of my recent salary negotiations is that I got me 2 days in Footscray.


Yay.

Jesus! What did I do? I traded a job at the end of the street, for 2 days in Footascray? Way to go Christian. That's a great improvement. Oh, yes, I can see why you did that? Maybe, I was more stressed than I thought? The reflux pain in my chest has all gone, since I left work, maybe it just wasn't that I forgot to take my pills for a couple of weeks? (I was imagining tests and then open chest surgery) I am taking my pills now. I was working 12 hours days, a couple of days per week, at least. It maybe 2 days in Footscray, but that also translates to 8 days at home, if we are still thinking in fortnightly blocks.

No Fatty to say, "I found these chocolates in the kitchen which one would you like?" She was a feeder. Feeders are very needy people. Let's face it, you don't get to her size without some seriously fucked up thoughts going through your head. She thinks her cunt is a spider, and she is constantly having to build a protective layer around it to protect the world from it. Or, closer to the truth, she is constantly building a protective layer around it, so nobody sees it and tells her how ugly it is.


Poor Fatty Snoop Cake Baby, that one piece of cake was never enough to completely blot out those feelings of unworthiness you always felt. Never has been since. You don't get a skirt of flesh hanging down over your knees without some serious insecurities, I don't reckon.

There is quite a lot of chaos in F's life, she needs lots of maintenance, as is not surprising in someone who is clearly dedicated to the desires of self. She requires a lot of time off to manager her life, there are some days when she really can't overlook it all to get out of bed. She would, literally, drag herself out of bed, every morning, even when she is feeling well. I am really laid back, come in, don't come in, I don't care. I hope the new person is as laid back as I am. Remember, they are bitches out there.


No comments: