Sunday, February 28, 2016

It is a murder weapon just waiting to happen

We have a knife in our kitchen that is long and thin and sharp. Every time I hold it in my hand, it gives me chills. (I can feel it piecing my liver) It is a murder weapon just waiting to happen. (slash, slash, in your back)  I asked Sam if we could get rid of it, and he looked at me with one of his "looks" (slightly out the corner of his eye, locking me into a gaze with his beautiful brown eyes, maybe a slight head tilt) and said, "Just put it in the draw."



Do you think it is irrational for me to want to get rid of it? (even seeing it lying in the draw unused is intimidating)

I'm sure a knife can't have a history, or be possessed, it would have to have been purchases second hand for such a thing to be true, at the very least, which it wasn't, but it has that feeling about it when I hold it in my hand. I quiver... and not with anticipation. I get a chill, from deep down place.

Or, am I being just a little too SVU about it? (The police show and not the big car... oh, that would be SUV) Too fear and loathing in Melbourne town. Too "scared of the dark." Too "we're all going to die, we're all going to die!" and that sort of thing? Just a little too Wolf Creek? Close the blinds, check the locks, pull the curtains down!

No comments: