Saturday, February 06, 2016

"What Have You Been Doing, Cunt?"

"What have you been doing, cunt?"

Kane knew better than to answer that. “Hey Agro, whatch you been doin?”

Agro stepped in front of me, as I tried to walk away, blocking my way, not that that was hard, Agro being the size of a brick shit house, and me, shrug, the size of a mouse. That is what they say, Kane Mouse. That is what they call me. It’s the quiet ones you gotta fucken watch out for, I tell them to their faces. Then I shag their sisters.

“Do you know anything about what happened to Kipper?” said Agro, kind of all secret, like he didn’t want anybody to hear him asking.

Kane knew better than to answer that, too. I knew a little, I’d heard whispers, I will ferret out the truth pretty soon, but nothing, at this stage, I would bet any of my credibility on. “Some thing happen to Kipper?”

“Fuck off!” he pulled a pleading face. “Man?“

“Did something happen to Kipper,” I said. “You’re telling the fucken story.”

Agro suddenly got me in a headlock. We scuffled a bit. “You better not be bullshitting me,” said Agro. “I wanna know what happened to my boy.” He rubbed my hair aggressively up and down with his hand. He let me go.

I reeled around to keep my balance. “No use coming down on me." I straighten up, regain my balance. "I’m not your crew.” Come to think about it, it was rare to ever see Agro without his boys. There was very rarely ever a, shall we say, personal visit, as there was today. Kipper is his right hand man, sure, I understand that, but on his own? What did Agro suspect? Fear? A rat in his ranks?

I exhaled. My head stops spinning. “Where are your boys?”

I hear that Kipper was in very dodgy company, in a very dodgy part of town, and he got shanked in a robbery gone wrong. Getting into his Mercedes parked down some narrow back alleyway, in the fashionable inner suburbs, where parking is a nightmare and often has to be done in the shadows in which you wouldn’t normally find yourself. That is what the smart operators are saying. But, it is still only third hand at best, forth hand probably.

I shrugged like I knew nothing. Fuck it, I thought. “What are you doing here, anyway? On this side of town?”

“It’s a free world, maaaaate, just don’t you forget that.” He lent in closer, “Well it was, where I come from, last time I checked.”

“Yeah, well, keep off my back,” I said. “You’ve got Cone and Crack to do your dirty work. I can’t see them lurking in the shadows… anywhere close at hand.”

“You don’t worry where my Cone and Crack are, do you know anything about Kipper, or not?”

“Nothing.”

He poked me with his hard, pointy finger, his lips twitched, he pulled his quavering jaw in tight with his neck muscles. “You keep off my sister.”

“She’d woop your arse if you ever said that to her, so why say it to me?”

“She’s my sister, man, I can’t look at you when I know you are…”

“Tell her, not me,” I said. “I’m the free agent here. I don’t have a gorilla brother I have to answer to, you know what I mean."

“Don’t lead her on,” said Agro. “If I catch you making them fucken gooey eyes at her, I swear, I swear, I will smash your pretty face in." Agro's voice gets really high like he is really excited. "Do we understand each other?”

I seem to remember something quiet different with Rosie.

We were pashing up the walkway of a house party in the suburbs, the parents were at their beach house. We’d all just finished school, it was our year twelve end of year party. People were drinking beer out of long necks. All the globes in the house had been changed to coloured. There were lava lamps, incense, loud music. People were everywhere, back yard, packing the house, spilling out into the front yard, it was hard to find a private place.

I asked her what Agro was going to say, about me and her, hooking up.

“Are you bi?”

“No! Why?”

“If you want to sleep with my brother, honey, why didn’t you just ask him home.”

“What are you taking about?”

“Stop talking about him."

Then I asked her why she didn’t go for the over-steroided crew that Agro was head of.

“I like greyhounds like you baby.” She grabbed my nuts. “Little jockeys, big whips.”

“Hey!” She had the grip of a truck driver.

“Less talk,” she said.



2am. Boozy loud pub, last drinks everyone out.

“Rosie, where have you been?” I was pretty sure it was Rosie. It looked like Rosie. Jesus what had I had to drink?

“Where you been Kano?” said Rosie.

“Looking for you, baby.” She smelt like Roses. “Have you been keeping away from me?”

In the back of the taxi, Rosie looked like the most gorgeous thing, and I was going to get my reward for living a good and wholesome life. Rosie was good and wholesome.

“I’m glad we left, it was stuffy and hot in there.”

“It’s hot in here, baby,” said Rosie. She put her leg over mine.

Rosie’s fake nails pushed into the palm of my hand but I didn’t want to let her go.

There was one point, where my cock was deep inside her pussy, “Yeah BABY!” doggy style from the rear, where she’d pushed back, “AAaaa a a a…AA!” and I’d thrust, “ErrrrrrrrrRRR RA RA RA RA RA!” And we’d stopped momentarily to suck breath deep from within both our fucken souls, I lay back, just slightly, and I looked down and I thought of Agro. Got his face in my head. Don’t tell me what I can and can’t fucken do! I felt smug. I felt smug ‘cause me and Rosie are tight, we always been tight, since prep school. So this was just us, being us. And it would get up Agro’s nose, anyway. Win, win. It was a victory, my powerbase was small. So, yeah, I felt smug… “AAAAAAAAAA! Gasp for breath. Jesus! FU…CKEN JE…SUS! AAAAAA!!!!!!”

“YEAH!"… she slammed her open palm down on the mattress. "BABY!”



8pm Sunday night.

Kane had felt much, much better. I was feeling so shit, I was willing to give anything a go, so when one of the boys said, “Cone,” I sat right up like I was resurrected, and I sucked on that bong with the skill of a pro, all down in one inhale, until the cone went pop and was empty.

I spat the ashes out onto the floor.

I was mistaken to think that I couldn’t feel any worse. At least, before the weed, I was fucken stationary. The room spun, as I rode the fast track to chunderland. Close your eyes. OPEN your eyes! NO, NO, close your eyes. NO, open them. OPEN. CLOSED.

“Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.” I felt the bile come up into my mouth. The room was still spinning. After it had passed, I felt weak and powerless to stop myself from flying off of the planet altogether, I was drenched in sweat and shivering. I was slippery. I was foetal, just naturally, trying to hang on.

And then I dreamt.

Well, I thought I dreamt, when I woke up, I shook my head and thought, I gotta get off this sit! Man, I GOTTA get off this shit! That was until I spoke to the boys, Monday morning.

Someone boof-faced apparition in my vision, in my dreams as though it was all filmed through a cat-eye lens. I thought I had gone bi, but I wasn’t telling any cunt that. At least that was what I thought I saw, think I saw. Huge. Technicolor. Great big faces. I might have pashed. Oh? Wince. Maybe, there was a rollercoaster? There was a crashing helicopter. There might have been a gorilla. What the fuck!

Apparently, I found out after that… that mad cunt, Agro, had arrived and tried to wake me. He tried big time, apparently, shaking me the fuck about, slapping my face. Kane held his hands in the air as if to say, what’s that all about? Mum always said I slept like the dead. The boys stopped him… eventually. Someone had told him that I’d said something about someone who said something about Kipper. I don’t fucken know.

How out of it was Kane? Somebody must have spiked Kane's drink. I drank a shitload, but that was just a weekend, nothing new. There was no way I could have got paralytic on what I drank. Six, or seven long necks and that was about it. Jesus! Nothing. A couple of shots. One Daniels.

It was the cone. Had to be.


No comments: