Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Traffic Chaos

I had to work, yesterday. I can tell you why people are going bonkers in the 21st century. Take a drive out the Wesgate bridge/freeway, around the ring road and, let's say, take the Boundary Road exit. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter what exit you took. The traffic is a nightmare. OMG! Trucks and cars and trucks and cars.

On my way home,  I came over the Wesgate Bridge and the freeway just stopped. This was 3pm. I shot into the outside lane, the only lane that was moving, because that was vaguely the direction in which I wanted to go and I passed stationary car after stationary car. It was literally a car park. Not working. City Link is not working. I was lucky, as I turn off to the city, and I was out of there in no time, but the rest of them would have been there for hours, at my guess.

It begs the question, rightwing of politics, why would you want to spend billions building Westlink, when the system to which you are joining more traffic is not working. I know that the rightwing of politics want to build roads because of the jobs the infrastructure project generates, but you have to have some concept of what more roads are going to do to the traffic problems that more roads create.  It can just be about jobs, it has to be about people. 

Roads clearly are't the solution. More roads creates more traffic.
Better public transport creates less traffic. Easy for an inner city poofter to say, for sure. I'm glad I don't have to drive the mean streets of Laverton every day. Shiver. I have to do it again on Monday. Shiver. I'm telling jack next time that Laverton is too far for me to go and work. I have to do peak hour to Laverton Monday morning.

I can't just sit at home and write, otherwise my writing dies. I begin to write about the inside of my lounge room walls, I know that. But working 50 hours per week wasn't working for me either, my writing died. So, I think I am going to have to go back to contract work, to keep the juices flowing, so to speak.

Which reminds me, It dawned on me, while I was watching 7.30, or whatever program she is on, Fat Guts Carol Brady is a fat Sarah Ferguson.
Add about 40 kilos. Fifty.
Fatty Cake Snoop Lady changed my pay structure on my final payment to maximum tax. Which tells me she is pissed off. Childish really. She always had that, which was the only thing that made me uncomfortable with her, the little girl with the heart of a killer routine she used to pull. I think it spells control freak, if she goes down, and I am lead to believe that she was struggling before I left by Kirin, who'd clearly heard on the grapevine, it will be like a whale on the beach, she would have lost everything this year. Partner, family, job.


No comments: