Monday, February 01, 2016

And Today is Another Day

Here I am my first day of unemployment,  er, um, holidays, Buddy is curled up next to me with his had on my leg. How do dog's sleep like that? It is a cool morning in Melbourne this morning, there is a slight chill in the air, but the sun is trying to make an appearance. Gently. Hopefully. With what looks like a lot of promise for the day. 

I've eaten breakfast, Sam made me a huge bowl of congee. We eat it at Box Hill Central on the weekends when we go shopping there, if we get there in time, that is. Sam said last Saturday that he was sure he could make it, and he did. It was nice. He made a mountain of it.

I'm just going over in the mind the events of the weekend and how I got to this rather unexpected outcome today? I guess is wasn't so unexpected from about Friday, but if you'd asked me on Thursday, or before, where I am today would have been quite a surprise indeed. 

I guess I was just a little cavalier in my attitude, not wishing to compromise at all. I'm thinking that maybe I should have taken the whole weekend to give my position some thought and that I shouldn't have rushed the situation, while I was picking Granny Smith apples at the Asian grocer. Sam did put his hand over my phone, at one point, and say, "You don't have to answer now, you can leave it until later," but I didn't listen. I got impatient and wanted to hurry the process along so we could arrive at the out come of my choosing as soon as we could. Which we didn't. Not at all.

My last text was an error of judgment and now that I read back over it, it could easily be construed as a resignation text. I overplayed my hand, I pushed too hard, I didn't let it play out over of the time frame allowed. I got inpatient and pushed and they dug their heels in. 

I still have those deluded moments when I think I, actually, matter. Shake of the head. It is a weakness I need to get over.

I'm guessing they will be having hastily convened meetings about me this morning.

Imagine if she agreed to my demands?

What if she asks if I have changed my mind?

I'm guessing that Fatty will contact me at some point this morning to request that I return my security pass. It will all be over after that. I guess, it is all over now.

That is the post mortem from where I am sitting.

Ce la vie

My bosses usually miss me once I am gone. How do I know this? They tell me? Without trying to sound big-headed, or whatever, it is generally because I do interesting things. Being gay puts me ahead of the beige pack office workers generally. And I speak my mind. I am willing to, comfortably, talk about any subject, nothing is off limits to me. I am happy to share quite personal aspects of my life, if the other person is willing to share the same. Fatty has been telling me all about her difficult relationship with her partner, which in the most recent past has become their breakup and now their immanent separation. She even repeated that often quoted phrase from my bosses and co-workers partners, "Have you been discussing us with Christian again."

I'm wondering how long it will be before Fatty misses me?

No comments: